I'm Looking at an 00' XR650R to buy.

4 replies to this topic
  • Maddox101

Posted November 19, 2005 - 10:23 PM

Hey Guys,
I just wanted some opinions on the 2000 model XR650R. I found one I might buy,but since this is the first year they were made....Is there anything I should be worried about? Or should I look for a newer one. This thing is already Ca. plated for me and he has many upgrades.(scott's damper,edlebrock carb.,etc.) He's asking 4200.00. What do you think? If it's clean is it worth it?
Thanks in advance!

• Old_Man_Time

Posted November 19, 2005 - 10:34 PM

He is charging you for the plate. The carb is nice but only about $400. It is quite a bit of money for a 2000 model. There are only a couple minor differences in the 2000 from the 2006 model years. Countershaft seal needed replacing (can be done in a few minutes) and the clutch bearing (very inexpensive part). Graphics change slightly every year. There is a good chance that these have been replaced already.

If it has little to no mileage on it and is in very nice condition you might pay that much if the plate is very important to you.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wickedsprint

Posted November 20, 2005 - 05:42 AM

That seems a bit steep for a 2000 unless it is absolutely mint.

• thumpasaurus

Posted November 20, 2005 - 02:57 PM

Hey Guys,
I just wanted some opinions on the 2000 model XR650R. I found one I might buy,but since this is the first year they were made....Is there anything I should be worried about? Or should I look for a newer one. This thing is already Ca. plated for me and he has many upgrades.(scott's damper,edlebrock carb.,etc.) He's asking 4200.00. What do you think? If it's clean is it worth it?
Thanks in advance!

The damper and the carb are about a grand new, brings it down to $3200, say an extra $500 for the plate and whatever other goodies and now you are down to $2700 for a bone stocker, which is probably a half decent price as long as it's in good shape.

I'd say it's not too bad a deal, but of course try to beat him down. :applause:

• Maddox101

Posted November 20, 2005 - 10:03 PM

Thanks for the input. I went and looked it over today and bought it. It ended up having a lot more mods than I thought. The suspension was redone with heavier springs,the stock and a large gas tank,fork brace,tall seat,pro-circuit exhaust,pro-taper bars,handguards and a box full of other new and used parts,tires etc! I just couldn't pass this one up! I could only get the price down a hundred bucks. That should cover a tank of gas these days.

Thanks again
-Maddox101

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.