Gearing Changes

3 replies to this topic
  • halfast

Posted November 19, 2005 - 10:06 PM

I just changed to a 15Tooth Front Sprocket on my WR 426 and I am hearing a noise from the CS Sprocket Area. Have any of you had any trouble with this?

• Matty05

Posted November 20, 2005 - 01:45 AM

make sure your chain is not hitting the case saver. not much room in there.

Also make sure your cs sprocket nut is done up tight (you might need a friend to stand on the rear brake for you) and the lock washer is bent over right too as you can end up with a mess of oil from the seal behind the cs sprocket.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • halfast

Posted November 20, 2005 - 01:02 PM

I suspected the chain was slapping the case saver, I just was curious if any one had any kind of catastrophe after going larger on the sprocket.

Posted November 22, 2005 - 09:33 PM

You have to grind away at the case saver a little bit when you run a 15T :applause:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.