3 replies to this topic
  • yamajoe

Posted November 19, 2005 - 05:19 PM

Hey to all you guys that store your bikes, what do you all do to them? Just wondering?

• mxmark

Posted November 19, 2005 - 10:23 PM

Get some fuel stabilizer for the fuel in the tank, or drain the tank. Drain the carburetor. Lube and adjust the chain. Get some WD-40 to coat the metal parts to inhibit rust. Get some engine fogger and spray it in the intake boot with the spark plug cap off but gounded to head and the air cleaner out while turning over the engine with the throttle open( Be VERY VERY careful the bike could backfire and ignite the can or your body ). After make sure the piston is at TDC so the valves are closed. Clean the cleaner. Get a air box cover to put where the air filter would go or prep the air cleaner but do not grease the edge it may stick to the air box and rip. Use ruber protectant on the rubber parts. Put a plug in the exhaust muffler. Cover bike. If I missed anything I am Sorry. I hope this Helps. Thanks Mark

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamajoe

Posted November 20, 2005 - 09:25 AM

oh yea sorry, i forgot to mention it's going in the basement, so now what should i all do.

• mxmark

Posted November 21, 2005 - 06:01 PM

Same but no gas in the tank. Thanks Mark

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.