Dr D Or Pro-tec

5 replies to this topic
  • patrickincc

Posted November 19, 2005 - 07:28 AM

Which Pipe is better? the prices are right for a complete system.

• clark4131

Posted November 19, 2005 - 07:52 AM

I'm not familiar with Pro-Tec, but I believe with the Dr. D system, you have to remove the header every time you do an oil/filter change. I have an FMF full system and I'm completely satisfied...SC

• patrickincc

Posted November 19, 2005 - 10:28 AM

Im in CAl so I have to look at the noise db level also. I like the pro tec because the noise can be easily adjusted. Im not sure.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted November 19, 2005 - 11:04 AM

The FMF Q2 will get the dbs where you need them...SC

• rasta

Posted November 19, 2005 - 12:14 PM

i put a drd just the slip-on on my 450, it made a very big difference, especially in bottom through mid range power. now have full system, takes a extra 2 minutes to loosen and move header for oil filter changes once done a couple of times. i believe the pipe was designed for yz 450s in the begining

• ARin

Posted November 19, 2005 - 12:34 PM

I have the Drd full step system on my wr250, and it is great, but the noise is pretty out of control.

Its one of the louder systems that i have heard.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.