Bike Stand

10 replies to this topic
  • zx7rye

Posted November 19, 2005 - 01:16 AM

What do you guys use for a stand? I want a foot operated lift stand. annoying to wrestle the bike on a standard one. I just have concerns over how well the typical ebay models work. Will they lift the bike enough to get the wheels off the ground for maintenance ans susp. setup? Any recommendations?

• roadcam

Posted November 19, 2005 - 06:36 AM

the foot-operated jack stands will raise your piggie well off the floor ... I bought mine at KRAGEN Auto Parts for $59, the cheapest price I've found ... same jack as the Sears and Pep Boy models (a Chinese 'Big Red', or something)... it works super ... a bit heavy to tote around with you, though ... :applause:

• GrayGhost

Posted November 19, 2005 - 04:27 PM

Motorcycle Jack from Checkers Auto $59 ($49 after rebate)1500lb lift capacity, 3 position lock, with 4" to 15 1/2" lift high, just clears my XR650L front and back from the floor, I added a 3/4" block with new rubber (Sears model has the same problem, but includes the extra block with it, Had one, but it was destroyed, that a whole nother story) I have used it to lift my GL 1500, no problems. But it does weigh about 40lbs.

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted November 19, 2005 - 05:10 PM

I used my ocelot stand for mine, and I won't do it again. I swear I'm gonna maim myself next time.

These look cool.

They make an all steel one for about $100 less.

Raise yer piggies up to 37" :applause:

• BRP-rider

Posted November 19, 2005 - 05:41 PM

I made my own. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted November 19, 2005 - 06:29 PM

http://images.salesh..._jack__t640.jpg

theres mine, 1500 pound cap. shes a little heavy to toat around but it will lift the harley so its good enough. got it for like 19 bucks......blowout sale somewhere...originaly like 70ish.

• Supplicate

Posted November 19, 2005 - 07:29 PM

I just have an FMF step up stand and a standard aluminum stand.

Either one works, doesn't bother me to wrestle the pig around on the standard one and its my stand of choice simply for stability.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted November 19, 2005 - 08:15 PM

I just have an FMF step up stand and a standard aluminum stand.

Either one works, doesn't bother me to wrestle the pig around on the standard one and its my stand of choice simply for stability.

my jack is quite stable, it alows for about half an inch of play to absorb some of the motion instead of just rocking off it...... its got nice bar locks that hold it almost solid and do not alow for it to lower even if the hydraulic pump fails. it is also adjstable to make it fit perfectly level.

• Thumpmeister

Posted November 19, 2005 - 08:37 PM

How bout one of these?
http://www.harborfre...temnumber=91764

Heh... Other then that, the one I have is one of those Schucks/Costco/Sears generic red ones that you wheel under and pump up with your foot. But, the coolest thing about the lift I got, is that when I bought it, guess what was on the box? On the front of the box, one of the pictures used to show off the lift had a BRP sittin right on the lift. I was stoked...

• wr450fyamaha

Posted November 19, 2005 - 08:46 PM

How bout one of these?
http://www.harborfre...temnumber=91764

Heh... Other then that, the one I have is one of those Schucks/Costco/Sears generic red ones that you wheel under and pump up with your foot. But, the coolest thing about the lift I got, is that when I bought it, guess what was on the box? On the front of the box, one of the pictures used to show off the lift had a BRP sittin right on the lift. I was stoked...

damn, that thing is awsome.

• Jayzonk

Posted November 19, 2005 - 10:17 PM

damn, that thing is awsome.

.....awesome at $639 Canadian.
I wished you hadn't have showed me that. I NEED one now..... :applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.