Advise on Bike Purchase

4 replies to this topic
  • Thumper33

Posted August 27, 2001 - 07:12 PM

I've wanted a WR since they first came out. I've been without a bike for the last two years and I just can't take it anymore. Sometime before this coming spring I will have a WR in my garage.

I live in Dever, CO... How much should I pay for a reliable bike, and what do I need to look for to make sure I don't get something that was abused?

Also, are there any certain years or models to stay away from for any reason. Like don't get a 2000 because they did this... or don't bother with the 400, get the 426 for sure... just looking for advise.

You guy seem like a great bunch. I can't wait to have a new WR to ride, but also can't wait to have one to tinker with. Looks like you have the low-down on cheap mods all mapped out for me :)...

Thanks,

Mike

• LeeR

Posted August 28, 2001 - 01:54 AM

Mike:
I live in Denver and have a 2000 model WR400 for sale due to an upcoming house sale/purchase. I am the second owner and have ridden the bike 6 times and the previous owner only rode it 2 times. I have changed the oil 3 times and added a magnetic drainplug. It still has the original tires on it and they are in great shape. I have added Thumper Racing exhaust insert. I would like to get $4200 for it. Email me at lee.rivers@att.net if you are interested.
Thanks,
Lee

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jason_Williams

Posted August 28, 2001 - 03:44 AM

sounds like a good buy!!

• Dodger

Posted August 28, 2001 - 03:56 AM

Yo Mike;

What's up dude. I live in Boulder, and over the past 3 months I have been the proud owner of both the YZ426 and the WR426 (Which I currently have). This is only because CO Powersports were to frigin stupid to figure out why my YZ kept fouling plugs. After 3 months of hell, I finally caved in a took a WR426 off their hands. I really liked the flat out quickness of the YZ, but I have to admit, I really really like the '01 WR426. Tons of low end, super suspension, and still a realatively fast bike. With all the free mods done, it bike rips, and yet I'm still able to register it for street use, way cool.

It's just my $.02, do your research befor buying, but it sound like Lee my have your ticket to fun.

Late

• mikeolichney

Posted August 28, 2001 - 04:14 AM

Dodger, good to hear things worked out for you. Did those a$$holes give you a new bike straight up, or did they extort some $ out of you?

Let me know when you want to ride. We are going to crested butte this weekend. I think Eric is going to make it up there on Sunday. You are welcome to join us. Mike

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.