Baja 1000 Progress

60 replies to this topic
  • PowerCell

Posted November 20, 2005 - 07:21 PM

Hey Cosmo - It was good meeting you in Valley T. And thanks for entertaining me with Irondud (no spelling error) stories. Oops, gotta run out to the shop, lock-down my helmet and tighten my handlebars... :applause:

• Cosmo

Posted November 20, 2005 - 07:57 PM

PowerCell,same here.The one thing I always seem to forget is my camera(s).We own three of them! If I could capture the images of the race,the people I meet and remeet I could fill up a room! It sure was cold out there! After that pit I went back out to rm390 on the dry lake bed to help out friends in a car.Then we went back up to rm530 just above Valley T.Stayed there till 5:00 am.Got into Ojos and waited till 8:30am then onto the finish.Wouldn't have missed any of it for anything! As for those pesky handlebar bolts,you may need TWO different size wrenchs!!

• Kritter

Posted November 20, 2005 - 08:35 PM

p.s. didn't see a husky all week...

A nice husky was rolled into paris on thursday and was put on stage so the adult entertainers could "ride" it...good times in mexico is all I can say!

The truck i was chasing finished at 5pm on about a long race for us but they wrapped up the championship so it was worth it.

• Jayzonk

Posted November 20, 2005 - 09:40 PM

Hey, if anyone wants to take me on a riding tour of the Baja course over the next four or five months or so, let me know. You can send a quote through a PM. I can't bring my bike from here, but I can bring some gear.

• PowerCell

Posted November 20, 2005 - 09:45 PM

• asbarounis

Posted November 20, 2005 - 09:48 PM

i was supposed to go and watch the race with my friend but my mom screwed it up for me and wouldn't let me go. damn i missed out.

• Jayzonk

Posted November 20, 2005 - 10:01 PM

Cool. Looks like Baja Bound is for me! Maybe I can ride a Husaberg with an adult film star on the back.....

• Jayzonk

Posted November 20, 2005 - 10:03 PM

i was supposed to go and watch the race with my friend but my mom screwed it up for me and wouldn't let me go. damn i missed out.

So what happened? Why did she stop you? Maybe she has a crush on your friend.... :applause:

• Moredesert

Posted November 21, 2005 - 12:40 PM

• TreyP

Posted November 21, 2005 - 01:42 PM

Just got home from the 1000... #307x finished 1st class 30, 3rd overall motorcycle.

Thanks to all our Sponsors-- Temecula Motorsports, O'neal, Precision Concepts, Maxxis, Baja Designs, FMF, there's more, thanks again...

We had a pretty clean ride, one little crash on the Mike's loop. We actually battled with 6x (pastrana-Grider-Johnson) for most of the race. They crossed the finish line ahead of me, but on adjusted time, we were ahead by about 2 minutes. The bad news is Pastrana's team was later DQ'd because their "rally tracker" (GPS unit that monitors highway speed, course cutting etc..) was missing.

This was my 10th time racing the 1000. By far this was the roughest, toughest course. Rocks, whoops, silty uphills, spectator traffic, cows, booby traps, spectators shining spotlights in my face for the last 200 miles to the finish, water hazard on the backside of a whoop, (hidden in the dark), I hit it doing about 75-80mph...lifted the front wheel, pointed my toes and held on..Soaked my right hand, boot, goggles...had to ride another hour and a half to the finish, cold wet tired....

Sounds like fun huh? It was... Everyone should try it...

p.s. didn't see a husky all week...

Thanks again to my teammates, Scott Meyers, Taber Murphy, Brian Pinard :applause:

p.s. congrats bajaboundmoto---4th OA motorcycle

Ron Wilson ---AKA surfnride

Hi Ron,

You were blastin past us at RM 260 on the tail of 6X. Nice job!! Heres a pic of your bike there. Not sure who was riding at the time but I'm sure you will want this one.
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThunderChicken

Posted November 21, 2005 - 02:10 PM

taber murphy is 30?

• PowerCell

Posted November 21, 2005 - 02:14 PM

That sounds about right...

Posted November 21, 2005 - 03:16 PM

Just got back this morning. Watched the race around mile marker 255. Bell was still in the lead but 1X was clearly hauling azz trying to catch up. Saw 307X go by after 1X and was thinking &%$#@!?? How the hell could he be so far ahead of all the other 30 class. I think that was Brian Pinard (guy who dialed in my old 650R before I sold it). Awesome time and all you guys who raced you have my absolute respect. Tough tough course. I'll try to download some of the pics I got later.

BTW if any of you guys surf you should have headed to Baja Malibu after the race. 8-10 foot perfect throwing barrels all morning Sunday. Sick :applause:

• surfnride

Posted November 21, 2005 - 04:37 PM

Thanks for the picture...that's Brian..he got in near San Felipe...
as for Taber being 30, he's actually 32..

As for the sick barrels, I was very bummed driving home Sunday without a board....goin off everywhere, blowing offshore...

• Trail Rider 7

Posted November 22, 2005 - 08:30 AM

I guess I'M slow I don't know what bike won the 125 to 250 class. Please help.

• irondude

Posted November 22, 2005 - 02:51 PM

[quote name='Kritter']A nice husky was rolled into paris on thursday and was put on stage so the adult entertainers could "ride" it...good times in mexico is all I can say!

Kritter ya should have said hello.

Did it look like this?

The Husky ran perfect. Its an awesome bike. Its now got a complete SCORE series on it--plus some BITD stuff--never lets us down.

Our little race team just got its second Husky. Awesome bikes. :applause:

• Cosmo

Posted November 22, 2005 - 06:04 PM

So......Irondude,your'e not going to tell us why you quit the race(with150 miles left) and when do we all get to collect our$20.00? Or was that all spent on the girls before the race?

• PowerCell

Posted November 22, 2005 - 06:52 PM

Yeah! Where the hell's my twenty bucks?!?!

• Max Power

Posted November 22, 2005 - 06:55 PM

Show me the money!!!!!!!

• Cosmo

Posted November 22, 2005 - 08:13 PM

I guess we all have to look at the International Forum.There,irondude explains it all....................

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.