Higher seat for '05 WR 450

13 replies to this topic
  • Kepy

Posted November 18, 2005 - 11:38 AM

Hi people, any idea where to buy on the web a higher seat for '05 WR 450 ?

Greetings
Kepy - Europe

• dbailey223

Posted November 18, 2005 - 11:49 AM

guts racing, I believe, is the name. And, they are online.

• TARFELE

Posted November 18, 2005 - 04:51 PM

www.gutsracing.com.
I have a tall/soft on my WR for dual sporting. Guts sent it to me with the new cover and I used the original base. It looks and rides good.

• Motone82

Posted November 18, 2005 - 08:15 PM

I have one in brand new condition that I will sell cheap. I am too stubby for a tall seat.

• monkeynutz450

Posted November 18, 2005 - 09:22 PM

How much? PM me.

• Motone82

Posted November 18, 2005 - 10:00 PM

50 bones shipped. It is like brand new. no rips, tears, or scuffs. just too big for me.

• dbailey223

Posted November 18, 2005 - 10:32 PM

When you get the guts tall soft, do they just sent the foam or is there a new seat cover to accomodate the new foam as part of the price?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TARFELE

Posted November 19, 2005 - 08:06 AM

It has been a while. I know that you can buy the foam seperate from the cover and vv but I cannot remember what the price was . I believe that I payed $65 for the foam and cover. It was worth every penny. I now have two seats. I bought an SDG for trails but the GUTS is great for alot of saddle time.

• Matty05

Posted November 20, 2005 - 02:15 AM

SDG sell them.

google it and you shall find.

• simica

Posted November 20, 2005 - 09:38 AM

SDG is NOT selling a complete seat (of any height) for the '05 WR and apparently the '04 is different. I called SDG a couple of weeks ago and they stated not enough demand for a taller '05 seat. I now have the tall seat foam and tall competition cover from Guts and it looks great. Was at my front door in two days, $137 for both and shipping.

• Seabass

Posted November 20, 2005 - 07:42 PM

I just bought a GUTS seat a little while ago. One of the best mods I've done to my bike!! :applause:

• team claw

Posted November 20, 2005 - 08:17 PM

I'll play the odd-man-out here. My buddy had a gutz tall/soft seat and frankly, I thought it was TOO soft.....but that's just me.

For a tall seat, I went through CEET ordering the tall foam and "gripper" cover. It was ordered through Dennis kirk.

No complaints so far and gives me the height I need for my longer legs. Very tough seat cover!! :applause:

• Matty05

Posted November 21, 2005 - 03:34 AM

SDG is NOT selling a complete seat (of any height) for the '05 WR and apparently the '04 is different. I called SDG a couple of weeks ago and they stated not enough demand for a taller '05 seat. I now have the tall seat foam and tall competition cover from Guts and it looks great. Was at my front door in two days, $137 for both and shipping.

That's funny, I can get them in Australia for AU$169. you are getting ripped off!

• Kepy

Posted November 21, 2005 - 12:07 PM

Hi People, thanks for all advices. Now I know whats going on about the seats.

Greetings
Kepy - Europe

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.