Hmmmm....

8 replies to this topic
  • kizzle426

Posted November 18, 2005 - 10:38 AM

This was an idea I had. Would it be a bad idea to dry a Uni filter in a regular tumble dryer.....like.....for clothes? i'm in a hurry, and I need to oil it before I leave for the day/night because I'm going riding first thing in the morning. Just wondering if anybody had ever done this. Let me know.

• curtains23

Posted November 18, 2005 - 10:49 AM

Works for me

• kizzle426

Posted November 18, 2005 - 11:03 AM

Anybody else? If it gets too hot will it melt or something?

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted November 18, 2005 - 11:13 AM

use like the delicate cycle or whatever yours is called...low heat...no heat... just tumble...thats what i would do...but heat would def. speed things up...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gmoss357

Posted November 18, 2005 - 11:19 AM

hair dryer

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted November 18, 2005 - 11:22 AM

^^^^^perfect!!, then you can control the heat

• Shawn_Mc

Posted November 18, 2005 - 11:42 AM

Ive put them under the hood with the engine running in a place where they wont melt on something. Usually dry in about 5 minutes. I dont feel comfortable putting something like that in the dryer...it reminds me of the guy that tried to siphon gasoline using a wet-or-dry vaccum and blew himself to smitherines..

• Dustin_Mabro

Posted November 18, 2005 - 11:49 AM

Ive put them under the hood with the engine running in a place where they wont melt on something. Usually dry in about 5 minutes. I dont feel comfortable putting something like that in the dryer...it reminds me of the guy that tried to siphon gasoline using a wet-or-dry vaccum and blew himself to smitherines..

or the time the cat hid in the dryer while i was loading cloths...found it an hour later....had to re-wash the cloths too

• kizzle426

Posted November 18, 2005 - 11:53 AM

Thanks guys. I used the hair dryer. I've got it spray oiled inside and out and installed. Well....except on the inside of the inside filter. Wierd thing was, it smoked when i haird dried it. I didn't have it that hot. I think the reason it did that was because of the filter cleaner spray i used. Kawa-Chem. I used almost the whole can doing it. I rode some really dusty tracks since the last time i cleaned it. Anyway, thanks for the advice guys. I'm hittin' Cross Creek CP tomorrow. She'll be runnin great :applause: :ride:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.