03 Starter Upgrade

4 replies to this topic
  • TARFELE

Posted November 17, 2005 - 08:56 AM

My parts are in and I am going to start the upgrade tonight. Does anyone that has experience with this have any tips for me. I got everything excempt for the left side case. If you have no advise please say a prayer for me.

Thanks

• SpeedBlitz

Posted November 17, 2005 - 09:25 AM

http://www.wr450.com...inals/index.htm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TARFELE

Posted November 17, 2005 - 09:54 AM

I already have the pages printed out with the photos from the WR450 web site. I just wanted to know if anyone had anything else they could add

• Indy_WR450

Posted November 17, 2005 - 11:14 AM

put some fresh high temp silicone around the rubber grommet to the case where the ignition feed into the side cover. Keeps water out. :applause:

• TARFELE

Posted November 17, 2005 - 07:18 PM

Just finished the upgrade. It went really smooth. Almost to smooth. I was afraid I missed something. I guess the thought of taking off the side cover made me nervous but it was no problem.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.