Oil Changing aid.

6 replies to this topic
  • jwcbf

Posted November 17, 2005 - 06:46 AM

Hey Folks,

I seem to remember a device to aid in draning the XR650R oil here. A sort of directional funnel so as not to drip a bunch of oil in the skid plate. Anyone got a link or info to this aid?

Thanx
John

• 4Takt

Posted November 17, 2005 - 07:08 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

• Tber

Posted November 17, 2005 - 07:19 AM

i just take the skid plate off and let it drip on the frame then wipe up

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted November 17, 2005 - 07:26 AM

I just let it make a mess and hit it with some of that Spectro Metal parts cleaner. Works like a charm. However, the Billy Who funnel is what you want. Thumpertalk carries them in their store.

• jwcbf

Posted November 17, 2005 - 07:43 AM

Thanx for the input Guys.

• jkwithers

Posted November 17, 2005 - 07:43 PM

a cheaper way is to fashion one of those man funnels out of aluminium foil and tape it on then throw it away. I have not tried it but i heard about it in one fo theese forums :applause:

• TimBrp

Posted November 18, 2005 - 04:12 AM

Thanks withers, that's a great idea!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.