WR426 - Winter Storage

6 replies to this topic
  • WR426Frider

Posted November 16, 2005 - 08:56 PM

First winter with this bike and wanted to know what all needs to be to these bikes for storage. It well be sitting for 3 months or a little longer.

• xcracer123

Posted November 16, 2005 - 09:12 PM

Get some stuuded tires and run it all year around. Winter riding is great!

Otherwise, you should drain the fuel tank and the carb. All the other fliuds should be fine as long as the antifreeze is up to snuff. Change your oil in the spring before you ride and I would also change the break fliud, just for good measure.

• GCannon

Posted November 17, 2005 - 04:50 PM

Drain the Carb and the Tank. Change the Brake fluid once a year and do regular oil changes you will be good to go.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JMathis

Posted November 17, 2005 - 05:01 PM

Why would you park your bike for so long? I live in Ohio as well but I don't think there was a month last winter that I did not ride.

• Canuck

Posted November 17, 2005 - 05:24 PM

even if not snow-riding, start her up and gun it and down a freshly shovelled driveway once every couple weeks! :ride:
...then look at fredettes studded tires :applause:

• rich1167

Posted November 17, 2005 - 05:39 PM

Along with draining all the gas. I think if your going to let it sit that long you also need to drop a few drips of oil in the cylinder through the spark plug hole. It's your choice, but I ride all year long.

• Matty05

Posted November 17, 2005 - 11:15 PM

Along with draining all the gas. I think if your going to let it sit that long you also need to drop a few drips of oil in the cylinder through the spark plug hole. It's your choice, but I ride all year long.

Yep..... and kick it over a few times with out the spark plug too.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.