rim/tire setup

3 replies to this topic
  • adam574

Posted November 16, 2005 - 05:37 PM

so i have a xr650l and would like to run some wider excel rims. but i don't like the price(who does right?) i really don't see the need for hubs and all that crazy stuff i just want to be able to ride a wider profile tire on the street with the 17inch wheel. lowest cost possible. can i just get new spokes and the outer rim and be done with it or is there more too it then that? what i am looking for is two sets of rims run my street tires during the week and whenever i trail ride i wil throw on my dot knobby rim and tires. so i am looking for a quick switching wheel set.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted November 16, 2005 - 06:31 PM

thats gonna cost you some major bling bling

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • adam574

Posted November 16, 2005 - 06:42 PM

this is what i was thinking... a set of dualsport tires only last me 2500 miles and a set of st bike tires will last me 10,000 so i figure it will kinda pay for itself in a roundabout way. i do go on the highway everytime on the way to work for about four miles so it will help there too.

200 for the rims
100 for spokes.
i can get like new race take off st bike tires for free
300 front and rear xr650l hub and rotors
50 extra rear sprocket

i think i can get the hubs and rotors for way cheaper on ebay or something but i want to get a worst case scenario. looks like 600 while a set of excel wheels already all done with hubs are like 900 plus the tires. so i am kinda on the fence if it would be worth the extra 300 to get the hubs and shit or if i can get it even cheaper for some reason that i am not paying attention to.

• BWB63

Posted November 16, 2005 - 06:51 PM

http://www.radmfg.com/rims.htm

I went with Rad Hubs and Excel Rims on one set and Rad Hubs and a Eagle rim on the front and a wider (for dirt 2.5") Excel on the rear. All with their heavy duty spokes. Rad is the best price I could find by far.

http://www.radmfg.com/wheelkits.htm

http://www.radmfg.com/hubs.htm

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.