Yosh TRC & Yamaha AIS removal kit?

5 replies to this topic
  • devinbowen

Posted November 15, 2005 - 09:15 PM

I am pretty new to 4 strokers and am in need for more bite. I have done all the free mods you guys suggested (wire, baffle, cut air box, 13t and added Yamie AIS kit. I have done quite a bit of research in TT and would like to add a TRC slip-on to my 06' WR. I have a simple question. Will the re-jet the Yamaha kit made be "rich" enough to run this pipe @ 2000-4500ft?

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted November 16, 2005 - 06:45 AM

Devin, Regardless of the aftermarket exhaust system, you should think about jetting your bike to your elevation and temp. For most of us the WRs come way too lean. Chances are you'll need to fatten up a bit.. What jets do you have it there now? The jetting database has a wealth of information in there, you can look at a copy others specs...

• elton

Posted November 17, 2005 - 07:16 AM

After all free mods, AIS kit, installing a TRC-Pro system and JD kit. Have not re-jetted since; works winter and summer, starts/runs great and never fouled a plug -- but I'm at 560asl.

Elton

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ARin

Posted November 17, 2005 - 01:19 PM

Devin, Regardless of the aftermarket exhaust system, you should think about jetting your bike to your elevation and temp. For most of us the WRs come way too lean. Chances are you'll need to fatten up a bit.. What jets do you have it there now? The jetting database has a wealth of information in there, you can look at a copy others specs...

ditto on the above...but not only way too lean, but just oddly jetted period. The jet sizes are all over the map...and not really an ideal jetting for ANY temp or elevation.

• hankdog

Posted November 17, 2005 - 01:42 PM

The Yamaha AIS removal kit comes with a 48 pilot and a new needle since the stock needle isn't adjustable. So this should be your current jetting:

1. stock main
2. stock leak
3. 48 pilot
4. 4 notches down on your needle (Yamaha's recommend starting point)
5. 2 turns out on the fuel screw (again Yamaha's recommended starting point)

From here, others with way more jetting experience than I can probably offer suggestions, but it's nice to know what you're starting with.

• devinbowen

Posted November 18, 2005 - 12:52 PM

Thankyou Mr. Hankdog. That was exactly what i was fishing for.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.