Posted November 15, 2005 - 09:14 PM

Is the 05 WR the same as an 05 YZ?

• gl17gl21

Posted November 15, 2005 - 10:00 PM

Yes it is the same seat.

• Matty05

Posted November 15, 2005 - 10:11 PM

They are different.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Motone82

Posted November 15, 2005 - 10:12 PM

SNAP!!!! Will it fit the 03-04 WR with the YZ tank???? Thanks in advance.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted November 16, 2005 - 06:29 AM

SNAP!!!! Will it fit the 03-04 WR with the YZ tank???? Thanks in advance.

I pretty sure they're different.....

• ncmountainman

Posted November 16, 2005 - 08:10 AM

if this helps any, i could not use a 05 yz seat on a 04 wr (even with the yz tank and shrouds) because the subframe was different. so if the 05 wr uses the same subframe as the 05 yz it will not work on a 03-04. :ride: but.....you can grind off the nubs on the subframe(like i did) and it will work then(with yz tank and shrouds). its the 2 nubs that stick up from the rails (the ones the seat locks and rides on) where the back of the airbox is. the yz seat just sits on the rails,and locks in the frame cross piece. :applause: you might be better off just getting the right seat :p

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.