Reed and Voss riding a 450 for SX

1 reply to this topic
  • KillerHiller

Posted November 15, 2005 - 07:48 PM

I found this on Cycle News. Sorry if it's already been posted......

The following release is from Yamaha...

Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to announce the Factory Race Team for the 2006 World Supercross Series. Returning racers Heath Voss and Chad Reed begin their Supercross title hopes on December 3rd in Toronto, Canada. In a modern-era first, the Factory Yamaha Team will race exclusively on four-strokes as Voss and Reed will sit behind the starting gate in Toronto on YZ450Fs.

Heath Voss, with four-stroke Supercross experience and a World Supercross title under his belt, had an easy time adapting to the new YZ450F. “My bike was a workhorse last year but this year’s bike corners tighter and feels more like a 250,” explains Heath Voss. “I’ve been training in Texas for months; I’m faster on the new bike and want the season to start today.”

Chad Reed faces a new challenge in the 2006 Supercross Championship racing four-strokes in the premier class. Reed won the 2002 SX Lites title on the four-stroke YZ250F then raced the past three years and won the AMA Supercross Championship on the YZ250 two-stroke. “I rode the 450F at a photo shoot back in May and could instantly feel the improvements; I thought about racing it indoors ever since,” explains Chad Reed. “There are sections on the track where the four-strokes just rip and we feel this is the best race weapon indoors or out.”

Look for the #13 of Heath Voss and #22 Chad Reed and the Factory Yamaha 2006 YZ450F at the World Supercross Series on December 3rd.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ovrrdrive

Posted November 16, 2005 - 01:43 AM

It's funny they took the liberty of referring to the 2002 title as being in the SX Lites class...

I still just don't like the way that sounds.

It's gonna be a great year for racing that's for sure.

Oh and btw, it's a repost. :applause:

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.