• XRMANU

Posted November 15, 2005 - 02:46 PM

http://www.monnier.c...650e-start2.jpg

http://www.monnier.c...xr650estart.htm

• kehale

Posted November 15, 2005 - 03:04 PM

Looks very nice.
I don't mind kicking, though.

Me no speka de french. Bust it looka lika lotta clams.

• BWB63

Posted November 15, 2005 - 03:06 PM

What sub-frame do you have?? It looks like the one that comes with back foot pegs? Has an extra brace?

• XRMANU

Posted November 15, 2005 - 03:12 PM

What sub-frame do you have?? It looks like the one that comes with back foot pegs? Has an extra brace?

The pegs in the pic are from the Monnier catalog
:applause:

http://www.monnier.c...CHF page 15.jpg

Complete catalog: http://www.monnier.ch/fr/catalogue.htm

• XRMANU

Posted November 15, 2005 - 03:22 PM

Me no speka de french.

http://www.monnier.ch/en/index1.htm

• kehale

Posted November 15, 2005 - 03:29 PM

http://www.monnier.ch/en/index1.htm
:ride:

What are you trying to do???? Spend ALL my money???

• Naru

Posted November 15, 2005 - 03:59 PM

"2,065 Euro"... isn't that like $2.2k US? That's a bit steep.... :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • khelton

Posted November 15, 2005 - 04:31 PM

I can never understand why anyone would want to actually pay to add 20 pounds of weight to their motorcycle. My Pig starts in 2 kicks at most. This is sort of the opposite of titanium and carbon fiber.

• internetguy

Posted November 15, 2005 - 05:14 PM

I like it- definitely appears neatly engineered but for $2,200 USD, plus VAT, plus freight/insurance to the U.S., I'd probably just sell my XR and pick up a 450X...

Cheers-

Neil.

• Old_Man_Time

Posted November 15, 2005 - 07:33 PM

It very much resembles the starter that Joe Racer developed for the XR650R. Problem with Joe Racers is that no one who owns one has got it to work. At least no one that wrote about it.

This kit looks complete and if they got the electrical figured out would be a nice unit to have. I have been using Baja designs starter for going on 2 years now and it's nice to have when you need it. The Baja Designs starter is really ugly but it's reliable.

My bike starts 1st or second kick too but when your hanging off the side of a narrow cliff side or side hill with no or little room to balance a three hundred pound bike and kick it over the E-button is worth it's weight in Gold. Or how about stalled in the middle of a stream or a hundred other bad situations where kicking is difficult? I know the macho riders would rather kick it over. I'm still not sure why they don't go back to the hand cranked motors cause that really takes a man to do the job. Only weenies use kick starters when a manual hand unit is available. Or maybe the old lawn mower rip cord type starter.

The bicycle riders are the real men. They don't use motors at all just good old fashioned leg power.

Let's just start dragging our woman by the hair to our single room cave and wait for a lightening strike so we can have fire and cook that grouse (the only bird dumb enough to let you kill it with a stone).

Get the point? :applause:

• Naru

Posted November 15, 2005 - 11:19 PM

I can never understand why anyone would want to actually pay to add 20 pounds of weight to their motorcycle. My Pig starts in 2 kicks at most. This is sort of the opposite of titanium and carbon fiber.

At $2.2k, the whole setup better damn well be machined out of titanium. :applause:

• kehale

Posted November 15, 2005 - 11:31 PM

It very much resembles the starter that Joe Racer developed for the XR650R. Problem with Joe Racers is that no one who owns one has got it to work. At least no one that wrote about it.

This kit looks complete and if they got the electrical figured out would be a nice unit to have. I have been using Baja designs starter for going on 2 years now and it's nice to have when you need it. The Baja Designs starter is really ugly but it's reliable.

My bike starts 1st or second kick too but when your hanging off the side of a narrow cliff side or side hill with no or little room to balance a three hundred pound bike and kick it over the E-button is worth it's weight in Gold. Or how about stalled in the middle of a stream or a hundred other bad situations where kicking is difficult? I know the macho riders would rather kick it over. I'm still not sure why they don't go back to the hand cranked motors cause that really takes a man to do the job. Only weenies use kick starters when a manual hand unit is available. Or maybe the old lawn mower rip cord type starter.

The bicycle riders are the real men. They don't use motors at all just good old fashioned leg power.

Let's just start dragging our woman by the hair to our single room cave and wait for a lightening strike so we can have fire and cook that grouse (the only bird dumb enough to let you kill it with a stone).

Get the point? :applause:

Well, for me...it's simply a matter of $$$ (or in this case 2,$$$)

• Troy_Bell

Posted November 16, 2005 - 12:28 PM

It is a nice looking setup. As mentioned above, it does look better than the Baja Designs unit. However, I don't care much for adding the extra 2" to the left side of the engine. That new shifter would take some getting use to as well. I would definitely have to dump my skid plate for a wider one like in the photo. I'm sure glad I can start my BRP on the first kick. :applause: :ride:

• wr450fyamaha

Posted November 16, 2005 - 01:07 PM

damn nice, that solves one major problem with the R. if only it came with it stock....that starter costs as much as my damn bike. looks great though. they need to make a dual sport R from the factory, like suzuki has the drz400 and the drz400s, why is there no xr650rs or xr650s?

• Troy_Bell

Posted November 17, 2005 - 11:55 AM

damn nice, that solves one major problem with the R. if only it came with it stock....

How can you say it is a major problem? :applause: The BRP is easy to kick start. The only problem with the bike is that it is all choked up off the showroom floor.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.