Busted Rear Fender, Need Another.

4 replies to this topic
  • spy

Posted November 15, 2005 - 10:50 AM

Just busted my rear fender when i looped out on my last ride. :applause:
Looking for a replacement, was wondering if the rear fenders from the 2 strokes can be used on my 400?

• Captain Bob

Posted November 15, 2005 - 08:27 PM

There are a ton of rear fenders that will fit your bike for short money. Look on ebay. You might find a fender for about $12 on up. You didn't say what type of 400 you have WR or YZ. I just bought an original Yamaha fender with tail light for my 99 WR for $20 from a dealer. You should not have any problems, just look around. Good luck!

Bob

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • snmhanson

Posted November 15, 2005 - 09:33 PM

I just put on a YZF fender for dirt cheap. It took just a little dremel work as the WR has a couple of brackets that the YZF doesn't have but it was no big deal and it gets covered up anyway. Of course it doesn't have the light but that was why I did it.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted November 16, 2005 - 06:31 AM

I just put on a YZF fender for dirt cheap. It took just a little dremel work as the WR has a couple of brackets that the YZF doesn't have but it was no big deal and it gets covered up anyway. Of course it doesn't have the light but that was why I did it.

Bingo.........

If you're on a budget, the YZ fender would be a cheaper option, and it's much lighter too. Visit your dealer or buy one from the TT store.

• spy

Posted November 16, 2005 - 08:42 AM

Yeah, i have been using the YZ fender with an acerbis taillight. Was just wondering if the
fenders from the 2strokes would fit cause i saw some on ebay. Looks like it will fit. Wanted to try some polisport plastic but the local dealer wanted around $70 for a rear fender. :applause:
Any places to get good priced polisport plastic? Yamahaoftroy is selling the plastic kit for $110.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.