XR650R rear shock spring

13 replies to this topic
  • singlefire

Posted November 15, 2005 - 10:34 AM

Does anyone have a stock rear shock spring for XR650R? Just purchased used bike and rear spring is way too stiff.

Thanks, Singlefire

• Mantrasonica

Posted November 15, 2005 - 10:55 AM

You adjusted the pre-load right?

• singlefire

Posted November 15, 2005 - 10:58 AM

Yes preload is adjusted, previous owner changed the spring.

• thumpasaurus

Posted November 15, 2005 - 11:09 AM

How big a guys was previous owner (weight) and what do you weigh? Maybe you can work out a swap with somebody. Better yet, do you know the rate of the spring that's on there?

• Old_Man_Time

Posted November 15, 2005 - 11:21 AM

I might be interested in a swap if it would work for my weight? Which spring is it?

• singlefire

Posted November 15, 2005 - 12:27 PM

The previous owner weighs less than I do, I weigh about 200lbs. He set the bike up for super moto. I do not know what spring is on now, but a friend has a XR650R with stock spring and they are not the same. I have already had an offer to exchange my spring for stock one from "Kehale" I told him that sounded great. Thanks

• TimBrp

Posted November 15, 2005 - 12:31 PM

I think you'll be dissapointed with the stock spring(sorry kehale). At 200lbs. you'll be around 210 geared up and require at least a 10.0kg spring. Stock is 9.0-9.5 I believe and is sprung for 165-170.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Baja Rudy

Posted November 15, 2005 - 12:44 PM

I have a fairly new stock spring...Give me $40 plus shipping and its yours. I'm leaving for baja today so I would be able to ship it to you next Monday.

• XR/CRDave

Posted November 15, 2005 - 01:29 PM

I have a stock spring, its yours for $35 plus shipping and I am not leaving for Baja so I can ship it soon. Sorry Baja Rudy but this is business.
Also have stock front springs, seals and valving. Yours for $20.

• singlefire

Posted November 15, 2005 - 01:50 PM

Baja Rudy and XR/CR DAVE, Sorry guys I've had two offers for free exchange. I accepted the first offer to trade my spring for his, am waiting for his reply. Thanks Singlefire

• kehale

Posted November 15, 2005 - 03:05 PM

I'm going to mail it out to you today.
It's a new spring. it's only use was holding the rear end up on the showroom floor.

• mikeg2000

Posted November 15, 2005 - 04:43 PM

I just sent mine in for new springs and valving. I should have it back in about 7 days. If you have not found one by then I will swap you If you can get a little more info on it . Mine is stock from a 2004 xr650r.

• Haggis

Posted November 16, 2005 - 02:11 AM

I am around the 200lb mark and fitted a H/D 11.0kg spring as i have the bike in supermoto trim mostly and it makes all the diffference in the world. No squat under acceleration.

I would stick with the heavier spring and the standard is for mice.

• IrideBRP

Posted November 20, 2005 - 08:43 PM

I would like to get my suspension set up for my weight (270lbs). Who and how much would I except to pay.

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.