Sound on Stock 05 WR450 Pipe

4 replies to this topic
  • WGP

Posted November 15, 2005 - 10:00 AM

Has anybody raced AMA event and had a sound test on the uncorked stock pipe?

• WGP

Posted November 15, 2005 - 02:37 PM

Any guesses if it would pass 96db?? I've heard 96.5 :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted November 15, 2005 - 05:08 PM

The 2005 WR stock pipe is well below 96 db with the "baffle within the baffle" drilled out. Just to give you an idea I heard a big dub with the stock pipe with that pea shooter drilled out and it was quieter than another WR 450f with the Q2. Not sure how loud the stock pipe is with the pro moto "stinger" replacement

• Seabass

Posted November 15, 2005 - 07:51 PM

It will pass the sound test with no problem. Fer kicks I had my stock pipe checked at an AMA event and the testers laffed and told me to get outta there. I think it registered a 92 !!!!!!

• billygoat

Posted November 15, 2005 - 08:27 PM

A stocker with a quiet is cool insert tested at 94db at a local race here in AZ.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.