PMB Insert Question

No replies to this topic
  • Captain Bob

Posted November 15, 2005 - 08:06 AM

I recently picked up a 99 WR400, YZ timed, with stock open pipe. The bike runs flawlessly! I purchased a PMB insert to reduce the noise a bit. While running with the insert installed, I have noticed the following: It does silence the engine! It does however, backfire from the exhaust on deceleration. This is not a machine gun pop but an occasional backfire. It occurs when decelerating (throttle shut off) from high rpm. My question is...

Rather then re jet the carb, does anyone have experience drilling out one or more of the partially drilled holes in the PMB insert? I understand this will increase the noise factor a bit but am wondering if a balance could be achieved?

I must admit, I do not prefer to run a corked engine but am trying to quiet it down so as not to be potentially offensive.

Appreciate your thoughts

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.