Anyone work @ yamaha on here?

10 replies to this topic
  • bomax

Posted November 14, 2005 - 07:16 PM

basically my local dealers cant answer my question,iam gonna sell my 2006 wr450 digital speedo setup(because of ther motard setup)i dont want to jack the price on it or lose my ass on it.can someone shed some light on what its worth?

it will be the whole setup ready to bolt on with 15kms on it.

let me know so i can list it.

thanx

• ARin

Posted November 14, 2005 - 07:39 PM

think of it this way...you can get a trailtech for about 60 bucks...so i dont think anyone is gonna pay more than that for it...

• Yamahan

Posted November 14, 2005 - 07:51 PM

Hey Bomax, If it will fit my '05 WR 450 I will take it for $40 :applause:

• NavyNuke

Posted November 14, 2005 - 07:54 PM

just change the percentage so it reads acuratly.

its on page 1-16 on your service manual
17 inch sportbike tire is smaller, so you use a percentage, like 83%

stock 100% tire size is 700mm. my pirelli diablo's on my Z1000 has a front tire height of 620mm. so it is 88% of the stock height size.

hit SLCT1 and RST button for 2 seconds or more

push SLCT1 for plus %, or SLCT2 to lower %. The : sign indicats a decimal point

after selecting the appropriate % hit SLCT1 and RST for 2 seconds or more till it stops flashing
..........................................................................................

and whamo, you have a backlit, bike powered speedo that is accurate with 17 inch rims, or a quick change to go back to full size.

So please don't sell it. if you need more help, email me at silversv@excite.com and I will give you some more help. this speedo is one reason I bought the 06 WR, because mine is gonna go on the street soon. and maybe a second set of rims with good sportbike rubber.

• Yamahan

Posted November 14, 2005 - 07:56 PM

Bomax, $ 45 :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simon@vic

Posted November 14, 2005 - 08:32 PM

i got $46 on it.

• clark4131

Posted November 14, 2005 - 08:40 PM

Too late guys, I PM'd him before you guys even could react so I got first dibs...wahahahahaha :applause: ...SC

• bomax

Posted November 14, 2005 - 08:47 PM

hey guys... nice one!its not about calibrating,its about it runs off the same hub as the 05's etc... so its a speedo drive like any other with a wire in the housing instead of a cable,my talon hubs dont have it on the motard setup....go buy a trail tech then for yer 70 bucks..i aint looking to get rich here.just want to know iam not given it away.

an auction would be cool though......

cheers

• simon@vic

Posted November 14, 2005 - 08:57 PM

hook me up. I live in BC.
i will trade you for my trailtech.

• Yamahan

Posted November 14, 2005 - 09:33 PM

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a '06 WR digital speedo?

• NavyNuke

Posted November 14, 2005 - 09:52 PM

I'm keeping mine!!!!!!!!! get yer own!!!!!!!!!!

good luck

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.