Lifting the bars

3 replies to this topic
  • Yamahan

Posted November 14, 2005 - 05:24 PM

Hey Guys

WRFer from Singapore asking for advice. I am 1.8m tall at 85kg's. When trailriding I feel as if I want to fall forward (over the bars) when riding in a standing position. I have stock 7/8" Renthal Bars on the bike. I am about to order myself a GPR stabilizer to fit with the 7/8" bars. (Bending mod to crossbar).
My question - would raising the bars by say 1" sort my riding balance problem. If so, are there a fitting on the market to raise the bars. Something like a spacer :ride: , and still work with the GPR stabilizer.

Thx & ride it like you hate it!! :applause:

• oldbones

Posted November 14, 2005 - 05:35 PM

Check out this recent thread on the subject.

http://www.thumperta...ht=bars forward

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yamahan

Posted November 14, 2005 - 06:13 PM

Hi Oldbones

It seems that it worked out well for you. I am not sure the up-forward raisers will work with steering stabilizer. Maybe the 1" risers will still work with the GPR stabilizer?? Anybody with experience??

Risers from AJ's look a good deal. http://www.mts.net/~...sers/index.html

I suppose just adding (straight-up) risers will cramp standing position eevn more with forks angling towards you?

Thx

• oldbones

Posted November 15, 2005 - 05:47 AM

Hi Oldbones

I suppose just adding (straight-up) risers will cramp standing position eevn more with forks angling towards you?

Thx

That's what I found. I had fat bar adapters that acted as 3/4" risers, and they put the bars farther back in my lap. The move forward with these new risers make this bike SO much better, I wish I had found these a couple years ago! :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.