Rekluse and hard shifting

24 replies to this topic
  • 642MX

Posted November 15, 2005 - 04:29 PM

OFF definately OFF,it'll offer more spring resistance on engagement making it engage slower (slip more)

Your right mountain man, I know a guy who burned his fibers because the spring was left on. Also, I had a friend who fried his fibers on a CRF during a 2 hour harescramble. His actuator arm had mud lodged around it limiting the travel of the arm, he didn't notice it because it was a mud race and he thought the back tire was spinning, but instead it was his clutch slipping. I have never had any problems with mine, but just keep an eye on things.

• LJ

Posted November 28, 2005 - 12:31 PM

Update:

Took the bike out this past Turkey day and had an absolute blast with the new Rekluse clutch. Nasty rooted rutted steep uphills are so easy now, it's cheating.

I broke in the clutch per the manufacturer's instructions (10 stops after in first gear after reving up to 4000 rpm, then 10 stops reving up to 6000 rpm, and then rode for 20 minutes) and now it shifts no problem. Breaking in the clutch made all the difference in shifting. I also had to re-shim with one their .055 clutch plates to get in between the .030 and .042 install gab window after the 20 minute breakin.

Fun fun...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beasleys

Posted November 28, 2005 - 06:08 PM

What oil are you all running with your rekluse. I was running Castrol Actevo and was having a whole lot of slipping with brand new Tusk offroad friction plates. Have since swithed to Chevron Delo 400 like rekluse recommended. I have not gotten a chance to ride with it yet but do you all think that it would have ruined the new plates or should it be o.k. :applause:

• LJ

Posted November 29, 2005 - 02:42 PM

I'm running Maxima 10-40 motorcycle oil.

• 642MX

Posted November 29, 2005 - 04:32 PM

What oil are you all running with your rekluse. I was running Castrol Actevo and was having a whole lot of slipping with brand new Tusk offroad friction plates. Have since swithed to Chevron Delo 400 like rekluse recommended. I have not gotten a chance to ride with it yet but do you all think that it would have ruined the new plates or should it be o.k. :applause:

You should be okay. Chevron Delo 400 and Shell Rotella T 15W40 are the 2 highest recommended oils for use with a Rekluse.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

• Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

• Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.