Aftermarket goodies changes bike feel

10 replies to this topic
  • TREADMARKS

Posted November 14, 2005 - 04:14 AM

Man, It is like riding a different motorcycle.

The Corbin seat makes me sit closer to the tank and it is much more comfortable than the stocker. :p

The RSW billet fork brace and top tree with bar mounts makes the bike handle like a crotch rocket. Much more predictable on and off the road. Great product and the install was a breeze. Still gets a little wobble over 90 tho.

The Trailtech race light makes the bike look downright evil. It uses a Hella glass, but I don't know if it is dot approved or not. On my 0500 ride to work this morning 2 out of 3 cars that cut me off jumped back in their lane, and I didn't even have to flash them. It is like instant sunshine where ever I ride! You can even see the beam on the ground in daylight. :applause:

Yup, it's a different bike now thats for sure. :ride:

• goblin127

Posted November 14, 2005 - 05:00 AM

What exactly did you do to the top tree? Are the bars mounted higher? Thanx!

• TREADMARKS

Posted November 14, 2005 - 06:57 AM

What exactly did you do to the top tree? Are the bars mounted higher? Thanx!

The bars are about an inch higher, and the top tree allows you to move them closer to the fork centerline.

• goblin127

Posted November 14, 2005 - 08:24 AM

I kinda thought so. I would like my bars higher also ,is that the way to go or are there other options?

• fastmonstr

Posted November 14, 2005 - 10:52 AM

Let's see some pics!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TREADMARKS

Posted November 16, 2005 - 03:03 PM

Let's see some pics!

Here is a shot of the racelight:

Posted Image

more in the garage :applause:

• bork

Posted November 18, 2005 - 05:53 AM

Yup ,after looking at pics, I'd say hella of a light ! :applause:

• goblin127

Posted November 18, 2005 - 09:45 AM

Is that light high and low beam?

• TREADMARKS

Posted November 18, 2005 - 10:18 AM

Is that light high and low beam?

It was a single beam H1 type bulb when I got it. I converted the lens to use the factory H4 bulb, and have since upgraded to piaa super plasma gt-x. They are 60/55w = 135/125w, 3800K/5000K . :applause:

Additionally I have ordered a clear non-refracted lens to experiment with. :ride:

• needsprayer

Posted November 18, 2005 - 01:12 PM

Top notch setup there Treadmarks. I want to put some Avons on my 650R and see how they feel. How are they on dirt roads?

• TREADMARKS

Posted November 18, 2005 - 03:23 PM

Top notch setup there Treadmarks. I want to put some Avons on my 650R and see how they feel. How are they on dirt roads?

Thanks Needsprayer.

The Avon's hook up pretty good actually. I only wish they came wider. When the power from the uncorked 650 comes on, she still gets sideways in the dirt tho. :applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.