wr batteries - amp/hour?

2 replies to this topic
  • Brettv

Posted November 13, 2005 - 11:45 PM

G'day, sorry for starting another thread, but i am thinking about putting a battery in my 400. and was wondering what amp/hour they were?
cheers - Brett :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rich_in_Orlando

Posted November 14, 2005 - 06:29 AM

I've got a lot of information about this subject here:
http://www.farplaces.com/dual.htm

• ncampion

Posted November 14, 2005 - 07:41 AM

I like using NiMetal Hydride batteries when you are not trying to use an electric starter motor. Get them at a hobby shop and wire them in series to get 12 volts. They are compact, light, no acid, no memory effect and durable. I have a set in my "home" dual sported WR 400 and they are still working fine after 4 years! YOu can get a set that has 2000mamp hours for around $30. Of course you still need all the mods in the above post to produce 12vdc to charge them. Good luck.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.