ttr 125 mods

74 replies to this topic
  • ttr-125

Posted November 12, 2005 - 09:10 PM

Im new to this site and i was wonder what you all thought some good mods would be to make on my ttr 125e or if you could just give me some links to some sites that would be good to and i was also wondering if yz 85 or 80 front end would fit on my ttr 125 and i would also like to get some black plastics for my bike so if any one has any info one that i would appreiate that

thanks

• ttr225ttr

Posted November 12, 2005 - 09:27 PM

you should look at the sticky thread above titled TTR125 Tech Tips, Mods, Questions/Answers, & Carb Jet Understanding

• ttr-125

Posted November 12, 2005 - 09:43 PM

ok i would also like to know of some good places to ride in maryland if any body has any tips or any where in PA thats kind of close to maryland let me know thanks

• ttr225ttr

Posted November 12, 2005 - 09:47 PM

http://www.thumperta...isplay.php?f=51 try there

• ttr-125

Posted November 12, 2005 - 09:49 PM

cool thanks for that link are you like the only one on nobody else seems to be responding

• ttr225ttr

Posted November 12, 2005 - 09:56 PM

probably not. most people just dont respond

• muddyTTR

Posted November 13, 2005 - 05:37 AM

Rejet and do the airbox mod. I've heard I gives a noticible difference in power, but that's what I've heard. I plan to do these probably in the spring, it wouldn't do much good to do it now beause of winter.

Posted November 13, 2005 - 08:49 AM

Sorry I haven't ben on to reply. I'm the one that normaly replies first and replies a lot :applause:.
There are a lot of mods at www.bbrmotorsports.com . They are expsensive, but they do have good products.

The mods I would suggest would be:
-BBR Frame Cradle
-Cut out top of airbox
-Get an aftermarket air filter
-New exaust pipe (bbr is really good check at www.ttr125l.com )
-Yz 80 suspension
-Then re jet your carb.

There is also a big bore kit for this bike. It makes it a 150cc. BBR makes them.They are fairly expesive though.

The yz 80 front end bolts right up to a ttr 125.

There are many many mods you can do to this bike. You could also put a yz 80/85 carb on it,re jet it, and it would add some power I think.

• ttr-125

Posted November 13, 2005 - 12:50 PM

How Much Would You Guess The Yz Front Ends Are And I Have Seen The Bbr Frame And Exaust And Big Bore Kits On Ebay i Was Thinking About The Frame Cradel But I Diddnt Really See What It Was Really For But I Might Get That Big Bore Kit And What Do You All Think Of The Fmf Powercore 4 Exaust Pipe That 's What I Was Thinking As Far As Exaust. THANKS FOR THE INFO :applause: THIS SITE IS KOOL SOME OF THE OTHER ONES IV BEEN ON SUCKED NOBODY EVER RESPONDED TO THEM

• YamahaGuy

Posted November 13, 2005 - 05:08 PM

Ok heres what i would do first:
1. BBR frame cradle (this is a must)
2. IMS shifter (you have to do this!!!!!)
3. Stiffer fork springs AND 15w fork oil
4. Stiffer shock spring
----(the stiff springs are only if you dont do yz85 suspension)----
The YZ85 suspension is VARRY beefey and inverted..
Here is a pic of the YZ85 forks on my bike:
http://www.thumperta...tachmentid=9245

VS.

The ttr suspension on my bike: (note: i do have stiffer fork springs in there)
http://www.thumperta...tachmentid=9192

Now heres what i would do for power:
1. FMF power core 4 exaust system
2. YZ85 CARB
3. Uni air filter
4. 150 KIT (if you have $$$)
5. HotCam Camshaft
6. Go to a machine shop and machine off about a pound of flywheel

Now heres in all what i did:
Controlls:
IMS shifter
MSR bars
MSR on the go clutch ajuster
MSR levers

Body:
Full new plastics
Front numberplate sheet
Yamaha blue paint for frame

Engine:
HotCam -
New cylender
Honed cylender
New wiesco pistion
1 LB of flywheel machined off
New rings

Intake:
Uni Air filter
Twin Air filter
(the reason i have 2 is so i can swap them and not have to wait to ride agian And by the way for people who are curious the UNI is nicer )
Gutted Air Box

Other:
BBR frame cradel
BBR chain guide
CUSTOM home made frame strenghoning plate
New aluminum sprockets (front + rear)
DID gold chain

Suspension:
BBR 30% stiffer fork springs
BBR 30% stiffer shock springs
15W thicker fork oil

Wheels/Tires/Brakes:
New 2002 hub (bigger than 2001, adds strength)
New 2002 bolts for hub (2002 bigger than 2001)
Moose Racing Bearings
Ebc Brake pads (front)
Ebc Brake pads (rear)
Dunlop D 737 rear tire
Dunlop D 7575 front tire

..........All of those mods were great on my bike.. Also a free mod.. Take the seat off your bike and you will see the Air filter box. THere is a rubber boot that rests on the top of it you can take that off completly.. PM me for any questions.. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted November 13, 2005 - 08:58 PM

Dang Adam you had some time on your hands.

Posted November 13, 2005 - 09:07 PM

How Much Would You Guess The Yz Front Ends Are And I Have Seen The Bbr Frame And Exaust And Big Bore Kits On Ebay i Was Thinking About The Frame Cradel But I Diddnt Really See What It Was Really For But I Might Get That Big Bore Kit And What Do You All Think Of The Fmf Powercore 4 Exaust Pipe That 's What I Was Thinking As Far As Exaust. THANKS FOR THE INFO :applause: THIS SITE IS KOOL SOME OF THE OTHER ONES IV BEEN ON SUCKED NOBODY EVER RESPONDED TO THEM

You can look around ebay for the yz 80 front ends. If you are going to do any jumping I srongly suggest getting the frame cradle. It will prevent engine case damaging and frame stretching. The user "YamahaGuy" could also show you a mod he made himself.He made a frame bar that holds it together in the back.The FMF powercore 4 pipe is nice. The bbr pipe performs better I THINK. Here is the pipe shoot out with the ttr. http://www.ttr125l.com/pipetest.htm Also check that site out for a lot of mods.

• ttr-125

Posted November 14, 2005 - 03:23 AM

Thanks For The Info Yall Ill Probally Going To Do Some Of Those Mods Sometime After Christmas. I Need To Know One More Thing Where Can I Get Some Black Plasitcs For My Bike?

Posted November 14, 2005 - 10:13 AM

http://www.maier-mfg.com/

They should have the plastic.

Ask your parents for new parts on your ttr for christmas:D

• ttr-125

Posted November 14, 2005 - 12:04 PM

thats what i had planned on doing

Posted November 14, 2005 - 02:16 PM

What all are you going to get?

• yz250ftony

Posted November 14, 2005 - 02:27 PM

Everything I did was basic:
fmf powercore 4 pipe
BBR filter cage and Uni filter+jet kit
drill holes in the air box for better airflow
BBR springs + heavier oil
RK gold chain
I had a Custom skidplate/engine cradle made from 1/4 inch aluminum
Dunlop tire: next size up in width
Moose 14T countershaft sprocket, more top speed
The next Things I would have done: BBR rear spring, Hotcams camshaft, maybe a new carb. Everything done was under a budget. The pipe, filter and jet kit really opened up the motor. lots of power from stock.

• ttr-125

Posted November 14, 2005 - 02:27 PM

im definatly getting a fmf powercore 4 pipe, a frame cradel, a shifter, a big bore kit,and if i still got some money im going to get black plastic.then after i start my job im going to get some yz 80,85 forks other than that i have no clue yet

• ttr-125

Posted November 14, 2005 - 02:29 PM

o and a uni air filter

• ndawg22

Posted November 14, 2005 - 05:28 PM

im definatly getting a fmf powercore 4 pipe, a frame cradel, a shifter, a big bore kit,and if i still got some money im going to get black plastic.then after i start my job im going to get some yz 80,85 forks other than that i have no clue yet

why put that much $$ in a ttr??? whynot get a bigger bike

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.