replacement rear brake pedal?

4 replies to this topic
  • team claw

Posted November 12, 2005 - 07:53 PM

I had a pretty nasty get-off that tweaked the triangular forward toe section of my rear brake pedal. Straightened it some but in the process I put a stress fracture in the pedal so I don't know how long it will last.

No biggy, I thought. I'll just look up an OEM replacement and order a new one.
I searched out a website that sells OEM Yamaha parts and they want $114.00!!!!...........for a stamped out piece of metal! Can you believe that? I've heard of factory markup but this takes the cake.

My question is do any of you have suggestions or know of websites that sell replacement rear brake pedals at a sane price?

Thanks.

• rich1167

Posted November 12, 2005 - 08:12 PM

Any chance it can be welded with a wire feed or brazed with gas? I repaired a broken rear pivot bolt on my old CR with brazing. This is hindsight but did you you heat it when you bent it back? I've had luck straighting levers and peddles just using a propane torch.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TARFELE

Posted November 12, 2005 - 08:14 PM

BBR Motorsports makes a Billet Alum. for around that. it may or may not be as strong

http://www.bbrmotors...ts/Products.htm

• Motone82

Posted November 12, 2005 - 08:28 PM

Go on Ebay. You will get one for 10 bucks. Or you could use it until it breaks. Dont sweat the petty stuff. Pet the sweaty stuff.

• TARFELE

Posted November 12, 2005 - 08:49 PM

Yep, there are two on eBay right now. One is factory and the other is a BBR. The factory already has a brake snake.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.