WR400 vs WR426 throttle stop location

6 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 28, 2000 - 07:27 PM

Hello,

I had no problem locating and removing throttle stop from my 99 WR. Surprisingly, I took the black cover off the 01 WR and no throttle stop is in sight. Do I have to remove something else to see it?

Could someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

GB

• darbsitton

Posted December 28, 2000 - 09:48 PM

Just did this.
1) Remove black cover on right side of carburator.
2) Towards the back of the throttle cam there is an allen head screw whose head is facing down.
3) An allen head socket with an extension and socket makes removal easy.
4) I took off a little over 7 mm. Just enough to make sure the throttle slide could open completely.

I have a picture if you want.

Originally posted by Goatbelly:
Hello,

Could someone please point me in the right direction.

GB

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 29, 2000 - 06:32 AM

I think I remember that allen screw. Please post picture to make sure. Thanks. Definitely different from the 99.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 29, 2000 - 07:02 PM

Thanks for your help. No need for picture, it was obvious from your post. I have read a few posts from the archives and seen a couple different opinions on how much to cut off. How did you come up with the 7mm cut-off for the 01 WR?

Thanks

GB

• Michael

Posted December 29, 2000 - 11:14 PM

I just tirmed my 01 and had to remove about 12 or 13 mm. Would they vary that much?

• darbsitton

Posted December 30, 2000 - 02:22 AM

1) Previous posts suggested 8-8.5mm, with warnings that trimming too much could confuse the throttle position sensor.
2) I looked inside the carburator and had the wife hold the throttle at a position that kept the slide barely clear of the throat. 3) Marked the position.
4) Measured the depth of the allen screw hole using a small allen wrench.
5) Cut the throttle stop to the same length.
6) Made sure to error on the "cut too little" side since I could always cut off more.
7) Inserted screw and verified slide position.
8) I think it was only 98% open, but figured that was good enough.

Originally posted by Goatbelly:
Thanks for your help. No need for picture, it was obvious from your post. I have read a few posts from the archives and seen a couple different opinions on how much to cut off. How did you come up with the 7mm cut-off for the 01 WR?

Thanks

GB

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted December 30, 2000 - 06:08 AM

Excellent input. Thanks for your posts.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.