tire size tolerances

1 reply to this topic
  • matt_patton

Posted November 12, 2005 - 08:31 AM

How much give is there in tire sizing? I have 80/100 and 110/100 tires on the WR400. I have no idea what was stock. These particular sizes appear to be somewhat uncommon. Yes, I know I can change the 2nd number a bit and aside from ride height and the bike tilting fore/aft a little bit, it's no big deal. But what about width? 90 width up front and 120/130 out in the rear seems to be more common. dirt bike rims seem preciously narrow. do the wider tires still use the same bead width?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450F_RDR

Posted November 12, 2005 - 06:50 PM

I have put 120 even 130 size tires on my 450 with no problems, I all depends on manufacturer of tire. I had tires that were a tight fit and some not. I prefer to run wider tires on my bike than the stock 110/100.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.