Bolt that holds the baffle in

2 replies to this topic
  • dbailey223

Posted November 12, 2005 - 07:51 AM

As fate would have it, I go on a bike ride the day after ordering a PMB insert and the stock baffle starts rattling all about. I check it and it is extending out about 1" from the pipe. I tried to remove the bolt to just yank the sucker out, but the bolt appears stripped or something--it just turns and turns.

I assume that it is just a bolt and that the threads on it or the pipe are screwed up. Am I on the right track? ANd if it is the pipe screws that are messed up, is there a fix or do I need a new pipe?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rich_in_Orlando

Posted November 12, 2005 - 10:10 AM

I use a longer bolt on the baffle and a self-locking nut on the end of it just to be safe. Otherwise, it likes to loosen up. I lost a baffle earlier this year because the bolt vibrated out. I check it more frequently now.

• dbailey223

Posted November 12, 2005 - 02:17 PM

Turns out the bolt was spinning because the baffle broke where the bolt screws into it. So, my pipe is fine. My PMB insert should be here soon!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.