Air filter oil (both sides or just one

7 replies to this topic
  • jkwithers

Posted November 11, 2005 - 05:02 PM

:applause: :ride: Do you oil both sides or just the side panel side thanks :p

• onaXR

Posted November 11, 2005 - 06:01 PM

Oil the whole thing -outside then squeeze it in and blot with a towel.

• BWB63

Posted November 11, 2005 - 06:18 PM

Don't use spray on........
Like it was said, squeeze out the extra oil and that is the right amount.

You can wash a used filter over and over again and once you think it's done wash it in a clean bucket with gas and you will see how much more dirt comes out. A lot. I use Golden spectro foam filter oil. It's messy and water proof.

• bootlegger2

Posted November 12, 2005 - 05:06 AM

i think you need to clean it often that is for sure ,i found that the k&n filter cleaner works rather well to clean it i hate use gas seems to shorten the life of the filter ,i also use some dishwashing liquid to help also ,but the gas well definitly bring out all the funk, i use just the belray stuff and the regular way to oil it and ring out and good to go, i found i think that the stock filter are better than the aftermarket and last a little longer but they cost a little more but you get what you pay for.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted November 12, 2005 - 06:46 AM

Why should you not use spray on filter oil?

• BWB63

Posted November 12, 2005 - 08:30 AM

It costs more in the long run. Hard to get enough to saturate, not as sticky. Most get dust through there filter using spray on.

• goblin127

Posted November 12, 2005 - 09:36 AM

Oh I was trying to use up some K&N that ive had around the house and I have been going real lie with it . I better change tachtics.

• jkwithers

Posted November 12, 2005 - 06:30 PM

Thanks for your help

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.