question about YZ needle

3 replies to this topic
  • LoneStar

Posted August 26, 2001 - 02:06 PM

Hello,

I have a 2000 DRZ (but I am not anti-yama). I feel like everyone had the same kindof money to spend and got the bike they wanted. My question is this: I recently purchased the needle from the 426 carb to install on my DRZ. I know that the YZ's have tendencies of fouling plugs. You dont suppose that the needle (allowing more gas to pass) would have anything to do with the plug fouling? I have had my DRZ for over a year but havnt fouled a plug yet. I'd love to gain in responce but dont wanna sacrifice it with added maintenance.

Thank you
Jeremy
00 DRZ kicker

• LoneStar

Posted August 27, 2001 - 09:51 PM

Ok, I am gonna try this mod anyway. The worse thing that could happen is having to go back stock if the plug fouling starts.

Jeremy
00 DRZ Kicker

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • James_Dean

Posted August 27, 2001 - 11:06 AM

You will not have been the first rider to try a YZ needle in a DRZ. It is a very good change for the DRZ also. If the needle code is OBEJP or OBEKP, start in clip #3(leaner) rather than the middle clip. The pilot jet at about a #45 (2 turns) or #48 (1 turn) and main jet should also be in the range of #158-162.

• LoneStar

Posted August 27, 2001 - 11:19 AM

Thanks a ton. I did get the obekp. My bike is jetted at main 170 already.....I live as far south in Alabama as possible (Sea Level). A 160 was too lean. I will put the clip on 3 as you stated. Thanks for your help.

Jeremy
00DRZ Kicker

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.