Transworld write up...06 YZ 450

45 replies to this topic
  • SCIENCE

Posted November 14, 2005 - 05:48 AM

756 - 739 = 17 (% Better turning). No bike turns good on 739's. Why do they even put them on stock? 06 CRF450R now come with 756s.

'06 CRF450 comes w/742 front - 756 rear. The 742 is almost as bad as the 739. I run the 756RR front and it works excellent on most surfaces. The 742 goes back on the bike when I sell.

• Joe_Jet

Posted November 14, 2005 - 10:48 AM

The 739 front works well at most of the tracks in So Cal. So does the 756! It depends on track prep, how much water, dicing, and how much sand they have tilled in. They have been adding a lot of sand here lately. Some tracks that used to be hard pack/blue groove all around are now intermediate to soft or a combination of both throughout the track! It not as simple as say PA where you guys are riding around in fresh loamy potting soil!

• Ga426owner

Posted November 14, 2005 - 10:55 AM

With Yamaha going full factory this year with the TI rear shock spring and all. Why not just have the bike stock with a set of 756's, RR in the rear? Too much to ask?

and why were at it, how about a hydrolic clutch.... :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NOMADAK

Posted November 14, 2005 - 11:02 AM

and why were at it, how about a hydrolic clutch.... :applause:

we are already at $7K plus and that would most likely add another couple hundred at least!

I like your thinking though.

I would like to see the bikes made to order myself. The buyer gets to pick rim color, plastic color, seat height, spring rate, type of tires, etc, from the factory

• CaptDan

Posted November 14, 2005 - 05:15 PM

From RacerX...

"We dropped the forks from flush to the first line and got a much more positive feel out of the front end. Sag was set at 95mm."

http://www.racerxill...r-x-tested.aspx

• biznet1

Posted November 14, 2005 - 05:29 PM

'06 CRF450 comes w/742 front - 756 rear. The 742 is almost as bad as the 739. I run the 756RR front and it works excellent on most surfaces. The 742 goes back on the bike when I sell.

Mine didn't. I have 756 front and rear, and I don't think the dealer volunteered it.

Corrected: I feel so ... You are right Science. I would have bet $100 that it was a 756, but it's a 742. I stand corrected. But, it sticks pretty good!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.