Hearing some proud pricing out there on a 06

42 replies to this topic
  • Pincushion

Posted November 11, 2005 - 05:27 PM

HA.... try living in So Cal. They'll probably be asking 5 figures for them. And if you buy out of state you have to pay Cal the sales tax on the purchase price even though the state you bought it from nailed you for the sales tax also.

• STRAIGHT EDGE

Posted November 11, 2005 - 05:33 PM

Got my blue 06 for $6399 otd from KOLBE CYCLES in CA

• Pincushion

Posted November 11, 2005 - 05:34 PM

what city?

• DPW

Posted November 11, 2005 - 06:46 PM

Stick with your 05' man, can't loose another to the new bikes, I am waiting for 07' as well. Later DPW :applause: :p

I probably will stick with the '05 till next summer...the '06 was more of a want than a need. There is no way I will pay MSRP and dealer fluff. I asked the guy who quoted me $8100 "Why would I drive three hours to pay $8100 when I can have one delivered for $6300?" I understand the bike is just coming out and all that good stuff, but I have bought six bikes in the past five years you would think a dealer would want my buisness...oh well.

I'm just thankful we have a board like this where we can get an idea what a fair price is. Quick question for you guys getting prices OTD in $6500 and down range, does that include state tax or are you buying out of state?

The million dollar question...what is the dealer price... :ride:

• Ga426owner

Posted November 11, 2005 - 06:52 PM

I probably will stick with the '05 till next summer...the '06 was more of a want than a need. There is no way I will pay MSRP and dealer fluff. I asked the guy who quoted me $8100 "Why would I drive three hours to pay $8100 when I can have one delivered for $6300?" I understand the bike is just coming out and all that good stuff, but I have bought six bikes in the past five years you would think a dealer would want my buisness...oh well.

I'm just thankful we have a board like this where we can get an idea what a fair price is. Quick question for you guys getting prices OTD in $6500 and down range, does that include state tax or are you buying out of state?

The million dollar question...what is the dealer price... :ride:

this is the million dollar question - I would assume dealer cost 5899 for the blue 6199 for the yellow

so if you are at 6000-6300 for each then this is the deal otherwise you are filling your dealers wallet...paying anything over 6700 - 8k you folks are nuts......... :applause:

• Jetsprint2

Posted November 12, 2005 - 01:19 AM

The million dollar question...what is the dealer price... :applause:

Here in Idaho, Boise valley- my best friend is getting an 06' yz 450f from Snake River Yamaha as soon as they arrive (He works there)- and I will get a chance to hammer that thing, so when I get to twist the throttle I will give you TT brothers a report.

Regards,
Jetsprint

• Jetsprint2

Posted November 12, 2005 - 01:31 AM

As far as dealer cost, that is the $64,000.00 dollar question- it is a variable rate depending on sales versus inventory from the previous year.....& past sales success of the dealership--- so if you really want a bottom line for dealer cost- there is not one at a bottom line for all dealers. If you are the dealer you will know your own cost but you will not know what the other guy is selling theirs for. My old man had a dealership not long ago I will not say any specifics but that is how it goes. :applause:

• yz_anders

Posted November 12, 2005 - 02:58 AM

Woow.. Here in Sweden I can buy a Yz450f-06 for about 9400 USD.. WHAT do u think about that? Huh.. :applause:

• DPW

Posted November 12, 2005 - 05:21 AM

Woow.. Here in Sweden I can buy a Yz450f-06 for about 9400 USD.. WHAT do u think about that? Huh.. :applause:

Yeah, but i bet down the street at another Yamaha dealership the bike is not being sold for 12000 USD....

• yz_anders

Posted November 12, 2005 - 05:58 AM

Yeah, but i bet down the street at another Yamaha dealership the bike is not being sold for 12000 USD....

Hmm.. Don´t really know what u meen now.. :applause:

9400USD is the price here.. At every Yamaha dealer..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted November 12, 2005 - 06:12 AM

Hmm.. Don´t really know what u meen now.. :applause:

9400USD is the price here.. At every Yamaha dealer..

One dealer quoted me 7100 OTD and another 8100...big difference...make sense now?

• yz_anders

Posted November 12, 2005 - 06:34 AM

One dealer quoted me 7100 OTD and another 8100...big difference...make sense now?

Aha yeah thats a big difference.. One of my FAVORITE dealers quoted me 8300USD.. BUT thats because I am one of his best customers I think..
Ahh, And now he has to close down the shop.. :p So I can´t buy it cheap anymore..

So now I am thinkin on gettin a Husqvarna Tc450-06 actually.. :applause:
Its so FREAKIN beautiful.. :ride:

• Jetsprint2

Posted November 12, 2005 - 08:23 AM

Man that avatar is funny as hell, I am laughing my ass off! :ride:

• yz_anders

Posted November 12, 2005 - 08:40 AM

Man that avatar is funny as hell, I am laughing my ass off! :applause:

Yeeeah..:ride:

• ibleedblu

Posted November 12, 2005 - 01:36 PM

Ya & IMO. you have a better chance of getting one cheaper if you buy from a small dealer cuz they need to make a sale. The shop i bought from is small and he dont carry alot of parts. He has to oder what the customer wants, So its just as easy for the customer to oder them online themselfs.... In short this dealer told me he has to make the sale on his bikes to keep his doors open. I called every dealer in Vegas and not one of them would budge on there price............ :applause:

• yz_anders

Posted November 13, 2005 - 05:11 AM

He's saying that here in the US there is a large fluxuation in price difference depending on the dealer and location(state).

Aha ok, Yeah.. Its not that big difference in prices here in Sweden..
:p

But ALL of them are HIGH as H*** :applause: :ride:

• Satch0922

Posted November 13, 2005 - 06:24 AM

I would say be patient (I know...hard to say that when everyone has been waiting already). When the 05 YZ250 came out, my local knucklehead dealers wanted $7200 OTD. I bought mine a month later from a dealer in Ohio and paid $5200 shipped to my door. Here is the dealer.

Toll Free 1-800-646-7642
Ask For Kevin- KING OF DEALS
WE SELL YAMAHA, KAWASAKI AND SUZUKI
Xtreme Yamaha
350 Hwy 7 North
Powhatan, Oh 43942

• kelldog

Posted November 28, 2005 - 05:01 PM

I called LA YAMAHA they told me 7499.00 OTD for a 50TH aniversary & 7299.00 OTD for a blue one.

• kelldog

Posted November 28, 2005 - 05:07 PM

I have a buddy that bought a motorcycle from Canada , when it came time to register it he couldn't get it done .

• Ducksgoquak

Posted November 28, 2005 - 06:03 PM

HA.... try living in So Cal. They'll probably be asking 5 figures for them. And if you buy out of state you have to pay Cal the sales tax on the purchase price even though the state you bought it from nailed you for the sales tax also.

Come north to oregon... no sales tax. But i guess you will have to pay it when you try to register in so cal.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.