YZ450 Racer X Test

11 replies to this topic
  • shigbie

Posted November 10, 2005 - 10:48 AM

Here it is...http://www.racerxill...r-x-tested.aspx

I am 2nd on the list for the speial edition at International motorcycle brokers and I can't wait. All this internet chat has got me all fired up to get this bike!!!!

Come on....bring on the shootout!!!

• ibleedblu

Posted November 10, 2005 - 11:01 AM

:p Thats so coooool. & im so glad i waited :p :applause: :ride: :p :p :lol:

Posted November 10, 2005 - 11:07 AM

Great write up from a couple guys who are definitely in the know.

Here's the part that is scary for those of you with '03-'05 450F's:

"Our test rider, Casey Johnson, has been instrumental in testing GYT-R parts for the ’06 450 and has spent hours on the new bike. He gave us his thoughts on the new Yamaha, saying, “I have been really surprised with this bike. I mean, everything about it is new, so you can’t even compare it to last year’s bike—it’s a thousand times better."

Sell those bikes before their value drops! There is still time!

• Mike_socal

Posted November 10, 2005 - 11:07 AM

Now this is going to be interesting:

"The Racer X Online 450F shootout is only weeks away, so be sure to check in for our back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back comparison of all the new 450s."

• chrismxer

Posted November 10, 2005 - 11:56 AM

Don't you love it when the test riders work for yamaha and help develop the bike. Transworld did the same thing with there RMZ450 test. They might as well just had the yamaha maketing dept. write something up for them.

• Ga426owner

Posted November 10, 2005 - 12:08 PM

nice review

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted November 10, 2005 - 02:41 PM

So far, even people who openly detested last year's YZ450 have been very positive about the '06 after they've ridden it.

• chrismxer

Posted November 10, 2005 - 03:13 PM

I'm sure the bike is sweet, hell two of the three bikes in my garage are yamahas. I just feel let down when I finally read a test on a bike such as the new yzf450 that we've all been dieing to hear about and it's been tested by someone who works for yamaha. Of course the test rider is going to come back saying how incredible the bike is. Either way Yamaha has a good reputation and I can only imagine how fun the bike is to ride. Can't wait till the shoot out!!

• yz_for_me

Posted November 10, 2005 - 03:17 PM

Sounds awsome! Looks like a great year to be buyin a 450.

• phat_450f

Posted November 10, 2005 - 03:57 PM

good post man. makes me wish i would have waited one more year to upgrade

• smokin529

Posted November 10, 2005 - 04:27 PM

I think the re-sale value on my '04 just went down the toilet!!!!

• OHVrider

Posted November 10, 2005 - 06:17 PM

I think the old YZF's already had resale problems. I was trying to sell my 03 YZF last year and walked into a dealer that was selling a new 2005 YZ450F for $4,800 OTD when I was tyring to sell my used bike for the same. :applause: I decided jus to keep it cause I paid too much for it.

Anyone know if the newer YZF's (06 mainly) has an adjustable accellerator pump? I think that was my main issue with my 03.

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.