2003 Yz450

26 replies to this topic
  • jamesd10

Posted November 10, 2005 - 10:00 AM

I have a question. My wife is pregnant and I need to sell my 2003 YZ450 soon. I have posted on the classifieds here but was curious if anybody has any suggestions on the best way to sell.

The bike is very clean and has extras. I am located in the Tampa Bay area of FL.

• grayracer513

Posted November 10, 2005 - 10:29 AM

If you have a local print copy of Cycle Trader ( http://www.cycletrader.com/ ), I've had better luck with that than online advertising.

• jamesd10

Posted November 15, 2005 - 10:36 AM

Is this all the help I can get. I will sell the bike cheap you know kid coming and all.....The bike is in great shape. There is an ad in the classifieds :applause:

• DPW

Posted November 15, 2005 - 10:53 AM

You need to post pics of the bike...new kid on the way than you must have a digtial camera. I would post an ad on the local Florida dirt bike sites. I have never had any luck with cycle trader printed or online...that might just be my luck. With the new re-ramped 2006 YZ450F hitting dealers any day it will be tough selling the old style 2003-05 450F. Just be patient it has taken me anywhere from one month to six months to sell a mx bike.

Good luck and congrats on the new family!

• grayracer513

Posted November 15, 2005 - 11:46 AM

Is this all the help I can get.

Ordinarily, I'd come over with 25 people and stand in front front of all the grocery stores with 6 color flyers for you, but I'm a little busy this week. :applause:

• dmoney2023

Posted November 15, 2005 - 11:47 AM

put it on ebay.
thrifty nickel ads.
you aren't going to get crap for it though. wait til spring.

• kawirider

Posted November 15, 2005 - 02:16 PM

What is your price?

• Slowmotion426

Posted November 15, 2005 - 02:20 PM

You can advertise for free at Iwanna.com :applause:

• 642MX

Posted November 15, 2005 - 04:36 PM

Ordinarily, I'd come over with 25 people and stand in front front of all the grocery stores with 6 color flyers for you, but I'm a little busy this week. :p

:applause: :ride: :p I didn't know you had a sense of humor Gray. Thanks, I needed that, thats probably the funniest thing I've heard all day.

• INJURY_69

Posted November 15, 2005 - 05:03 PM

Ordinarily, I'd come over with 25 people and stand in front front of all the grocery stores with 6 color flyers for you, but I'm a little busy this week. :applause:

Ha ha bike wiz with a sense of humor! you rock man!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OHVrider

Posted November 15, 2005 - 07:26 PM

Good luck, I had my 2003 YZ450F up for sale for about a year (while I was riding it) when the green sticker laws changed as I wanted to get a 2002 model. Ended up buying a KTM for summer and riding the YZ during the winter as it just would not sell for enough.

I didn't feel like giving it away cause it was and is a great bike.

I'd try cycle trader, but there might be some much cheaper ones there. Also try local MX tracks, papers, etc.

• jamesd10

Posted November 16, 2005 - 09:55 AM

Thanks for the help. The idea of sitting on it for year is not going to work. With a baby coming. I am also going to try and attach some photos. I can also e-mail them if anybody id interested

I am asking but $3000 but would consider all offers.

• MichiganMXer

Posted November 17, 2005 - 09:39 PM

Go put it in front of your local parts store or chain it up to a telephone pole w/ your number.

Curb appeal man!!?!! Go get someone to drive by it on his way to work everyday, if he's got just an inkling of a rider in him he'll at least stop and take a look.

Plus you can tell him with a straight face that its the hardest hitting four stroke built.

And dude..$2999 not $3000. People think they're too smart for it but they're not. It still works.

• jamesd10

Posted November 18, 2005 - 07:36 AM

Well chaining it to a tree is not a good idea. I dont have insurance on it and dont want is stolen.

I am going to check with some local shops and see if I can sit it there.

Thanks for the help.

• Johno33772

Posted November 18, 2005 - 07:09 PM

Just bought a mint 03 loaded for $2800-00 There are some very competitively priced bikes out there. You may need to come down in $$ to move it fast. The guy I bought from wanted $3400 & had it on the market for a long time. He jumped at $2800 cash.
Good luck

• DPW

Posted November 18, 2005 - 07:21 PM

Bike demand must be a bit different in Cali than the rest of the states.

I can't imagine paying over $4 for any '03 dirt bike, but that's just me.

• jamesd10

Posted December 01, 2005 - 09:55 AM

Hey guys I am going to check with a couple more dealers around the area about sitting it there. But if anybody is interested I am very motivated. Bills, holidays, and baby....Oh crap wheres the beer...........

• Reyndogg

Posted December 01, 2005 - 10:52 AM

I just mentioned selling my 03 yz a few weeks ago and had two offers in less than a week for what i was gonna ask for it - just from people talking about it i guess. It helps, that both guys know me and see me out riding all the time, and they knew all i had done to it and how well i take care of it. It's funny my 03 gets mistaken for an 04 or 05 (even though its obvious to anyone that knows the differences) with over 200hrs on it.

• DPW

Posted December 01, 2005 - 11:27 AM

If you know anybody that needs a '05 YZ450F...

• Reyndogg

Posted December 01, 2005 - 11:27 AM

ahh i guess you wouldnt need that anymore huh?

how many parts did you farm off of it? :applause:

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.