MSR Raptor Clutch Perch

4 replies to this topic
  • TW

Posted August 26, 2001 - 12:05 PM

I know this has been discussed before, but I'll bring it up again for those who haven't tried one. My 99 WR4 has alway's had a heavy clutch pull, new cables help some but not much. Yesterday I put on the msr raptor clutch perch & lever, today I put it to the test in some very tight single track, lot's of up and down work with some switchbacks for good measure. Wow what a difference, pulls easier than a WR and YZ 250 that I was riding with. For once my left arm and hand had some feeling left in them at the end of a ride. Great product, just wish I hadn't waited so long to get one.....TW

------------------
99 WR400
BRC
NOHVA
AMA

• Bill

Posted August 26, 2001 - 01:27 PM

Tdub,

What was the cost and is it available with the shortened lever? Does it use bearings at the pivot?

Thanks
Bill

------------------
99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TW

Posted August 26, 2001 - 03:50 PM

Bill

The suggested price is $36.00, believe I paid around 32 with discount from local shop. I have the standard length which was a bit of a touchy fit with bars cut to 28". They do have the shorty lever as an option. Doesn't use bearings, it's all in the angle. All I can say is that it works good........TW

------------------
99 WR400
BRC
NOHVA
AMA

• freestyle111

Posted August 26, 2001 - 04:25 PM

ive had raptor on my bike for over a year.i love it.i just put shorty lever on it a couple weeks ago makes pull a little harder but still much easier than stock level and perch.

• Mr_Toyz

Posted August 27, 2001 - 05:25 PM

I've had a Raptor for yrs. As long as you can find a perch that doesn't break while you are installing it, they work great.

The short level is alittle iffy though. I think I'll switch back to standard length.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.