Clutch switch

3 replies to this topic
  • snmhanson

Posted November 09, 2005 - 10:23 PM

After doing some work around the bars of my bike I noticed my clutch switch hanging behind the front plate. When I tried to put it back in there was nothing that would secure it in place so it would just fall out again. Can anyone tell me what holds it in place. I can see the groove that the notch has to go down but nothing else. If I can't figure it out I guess I will just tie the cable off behind the number plate and make it a habit to always hold the clutch in when starting.

• jchantzWR400F

Posted November 10, 2005 - 06:35 AM

is a clutch switch?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • snmhanson

Posted November 10, 2005 - 07:55 AM

It's a plunger type switch on the WR450 that attaches to the clutch lever mount to keep you from being able to start the bike in gear if the clutch isn't pulled in.

• RichBaker

Posted November 10, 2005 - 02:58 PM

I don't recall for sure, but I think it has a spring-loaded pin you push's been a while since I put the Rekluse in and removed the switch...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.