I am the list but that green bike looks REAL good!

7 replies to this topic
  • Pitster

Posted November 09, 2005 - 09:40 PM

I'm on the list but that green 450f is pulling me real hard, somebody help me!
I ride allot of desert and single trak, and don't really know if I can handle the four speed of the Kawasaki. It seems the five speed just gives you that little extra versatility for the offroad, what do you think, somebody help me.

• Jetsprint2

Posted November 09, 2005 - 10:29 PM

It's not my style to bash other bikes BUT the (4) kx 450 f's here in Boise Idaho all blew up with busted valves. That is the honest truth. It might be an isolated incedent but I would feel bad by not informing you guys. :applause:

• ovrrdrive

Posted November 10, 2005 - 02:15 AM

Yep, go read in the kx450f forum. There have been enough of them blow up so far to make me wait a few years to get one....

As if I'd leave blue. :applause:

Staying together long enough to be tested and reviewed is one thing, lasting long enough to justify ownership is another.

• FZ1426

Posted November 10, 2005 - 03:51 AM

I ride allot of desert and single trak, and don't really know if I can handle the four speed of the Kawasaki. It seems the five speed just gives you that little extra versatility for the offroad, what do you think, somebody help me.

Exactly. All the bikes look good. Just imagine how disappointed you'll be if you buy a first year Kaw and then see how good the Yamaha looks...and performs. Fifth gear is reason enough if you're doing any off road. That's why they're going back to 5. I think 4 speeds were just a way to compete in the weight reduction marketing scheme.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted November 10, 2005 - 04:27 AM

I think 4 really is better for MX (has anyone ever even used 1st on a 5-speed on the track?), but I'm sure Yamaha was loosing out on sales to guys who don't ride MX due to not having a 5 speed. Excellent marketing decision for a bike that is sold to the public.

• SCIENCE

Posted November 10, 2005 - 08:23 AM

As good as the reviews have been, I personally would never buy a first year offering. CRF/YZF/KTM & now the proven RMZ450 only. I couldn't wait and bought red. I am however going blue (again!) in 2007.

• grayracer513

Posted November 10, 2005 - 09:53 AM

I think 4 really is better for MX (has anyone ever even used 1st on a 5-speed on the track?), but I'm sure Yamaha was loosing out on sales to guys who don't ride MX due to not having a 5 speed. Excellent marketing decision for a bike that is sold to the public.

Especially so if the ratios chosen are more or less the same as the current 4 speed with one more added on top. I know of no one who really thinks the gaps between gears in the 4 speed are too wide, and I don't see any value in making them closer together than they are.

• ibleedblu

Posted November 10, 2005 - 11:43 AM

Man if you go and buy green, the first 06 blue bike you ride, you'll want to kick your self in the ass for not waiting...... :p :p :applause: :ride:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.