2003 WR wont start,

4 replies to this topic
  • Motone82

Posted November 09, 2005 - 08:59 PM

I took my 2003 WR 450 out to ride for the first time and electric starter worked great all day. Went to load it up and nothing. Even the little red light on the ignition quit working. The battery is new and checked out at 12.4 volts. Does anyone have any suggestions. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Johnny34

Posted November 09, 2005 - 09:05 PM

I'd use a volt meter to check for current at the switch and then at the starter motor. I could be something as simple as a loose ground or pinched wire. Worst case, the starter motor is toast, but I doubt that. Its usually something simple, like a bad connection.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted November 09, 2005 - 09:29 PM

I took my 2003 WR 450 out to ride for the first time and electric starter worked great all day. Went to load it up and nothing. Even the little red light on the ignition quit working. The battery is new and checked out at 12.4 volts. Does anyone have any suggestions. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Check the fuses by the battery.

• Motone82

Posted November 09, 2005 - 10:26 PM

Thanks guys. I checked the fuses. They look good. I hope that is a bad connection. It kinda sucks to buy something and it takes a dump the first day. I appreciate the input!

• crashing_sux

Posted November 09, 2005 - 11:32 PM

Do you have any accessories on the bike that could be drawing current? I just had the same thing happen, turns out the previous owner wired the hot grips into the dc curcuit instead of the ac so when I shut the bike off and left the hot grips switched on they killed the battery in no time.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.