FMF Ti Powercore

21 replies to this topic
  • clark4131

Posted November 09, 2005 - 11:24 AM

I just saw an ad for the new Titanium Powercore, so I thought I'd give FMF a call to get some more info. According to the tech, it's going to be heads and shoulders above the old Powercore 4 as far as flow and a power gains go. I asked him how it would compare to the Q2 I'm currently running and he said it'll be night and day. I asked him to translate and he estimated a couple more horses and noticeably more responsive throughout the entire rev range. I know the old Powercore 4 put more muscle to the ground than the Q, so maybe this will be just the ticket. I also found an article on the new pipe, so you might want to give it a look see. I know what I want for my birthday now :applause: ...anybody want to buy a gently used Q2?...SC :ride:

• TARFELE

Posted November 09, 2005 - 03:25 PM

How Much??$$

• TARFELE

Posted November 09, 2005 - 05:16 PM

Your Q2

• clark4131

Posted November 09, 2005 - 07:08 PM

$150 shipped...SC

• TARFELE

Posted November 10, 2005 - 06:46 AM

Clarke, I sent you a PM. And by the way have you ever heard of a guy named Vince Young?

• WGP

Posted November 10, 2005 - 12:24 PM

Went to the FMF website, couldn't find this Pipe on there??
Ti PowerCore correct. :applause:

• DRAGO

Posted November 10, 2005 - 12:28 PM

Hasent been relesed yet

• clark4131

Posted November 10, 2005 - 12:42 PM

...have you ever heard of a guy named Vince Young?

Nope, but I've heard of Vince Vaughn and Steve Young. Does that count?...SC

• DRAGO

Posted November 10, 2005 - 12:47 PM

Isnt Vince Vaughn "wild thing" from major leagues!?!?

• clark4131

Posted November 10, 2005 - 02:23 PM

Nope, that was Rick Vaughn, but you were close. Unfortunately, there's no points for second place :applause: ...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TARFELE

Posted November 10, 2005 - 04:02 PM

Vince Young is the guy that will single handedly stop U.S.C. from winning the Rose Bowl. Texas will make it a twopeet.
Sorry I had to ask if you knew him, YET!

• dbailey223

Posted November 10, 2005 - 04:25 PM

HEHE. I'll take SC. Wager time?

• clark4131

Posted November 10, 2005 - 05:05 PM

Vince Young is the guy that will single handedly stop U.S.C. from winning the Rose Bowl. Texas will make it a twopeet.
Sorry I had to ask if you knew him, YET!

Well, I guess what they say about Texas is true...everything is big...especially their IMAGINATIONS!!!

:p :lol: :p :p ;) :p :applause: :ride: :p :p :lol: :p

And I repeat...Their are NO points for second place...SC

• Matty05

Posted November 10, 2005 - 05:50 PM

I just saw an ad for the new Titanium Powercore, so I thought I'd give FMF a call to get some more info. According to the tech, it's going to be heads and shoulders above the old Powercore 4 as far as flow and a power gains go. I asked him how it would compare to the Q2 I'm currently running and he said it'll be night and day. I asked him to translate and he estimated a couple more horses and noticeably more responsive throughout the entire rev range. I know the old Powercore 4 put more muscle to the ground than the Q, so maybe this will be just the ticket. I also found an article on the new pipe, so you might want to give it a look see. I know what I want for my birthday now :applause: ...anybody want to buy a gently used Q2?...SC :ride:

Not a shot at you CLARK4131,

I still wonder why all you noise panzies spank over the FMF Q2?
You have heard first hand that the Q2 is weak.

• clark4131

Posted November 10, 2005 - 05:59 PM

My original decision to go with the Q2 was based on my plans to do a lot of riding in Kalifornistan, as I live close to the border and the trails near my house often stray over it. But now my attitude towards the decibel thing has changed. I say to hell with their draconian regulations. If I have to run from a ranger because he "feels" my bike is too loud with the Powercore, that's a challenge I'm more than willing to take on...SC

• Matty05

Posted November 10, 2005 - 06:19 PM

That's more like it!!!!

I got a procircuit Ti GP on mine, it is loud (105db?) but it don't bother me.
The performance gains are astounding!!! I have tried a YZ exhaust on mine too, it don't even come close in terms of performance.

I got a GYTR Propower slip on for my girls bike, it is nice. It is supposedly 98db. It growls nice, but is not half as loud as mine. It too makes a huge difference in power on the 250.

http://www.motoxtrem...d316e5367d347fe

After having the procircuit, if I were to get another pipe I would just get another GYTR Propower slip on muffler for it. The long header is a pain in the ass to change oil filter as the whole system has to come off.

I don't know if you get them there in the states, but they look pretty good. Not as ugly as the older GYTR mufflers.

• ncmountainman

Posted November 10, 2005 - 07:54 PM

i wonder if that new ti powercore is significantly lighter than the PC4,i think it was just over 5lbs when i weighed it. and 101db isn't too bad,my PC4 is 103!

• clark4131

Posted November 15, 2005 - 03:09 PM

For those who care, the new Powercore will be available next month, just in time for Santa! The guy I spoke to couldn't give me anything definitive regarding the weight difference, but he said it's significant. On a 450, he said the decibels will likely be the same as or just a scoche less than the old PC4. The 100db's advertised were measured on a CRF250...SC

• Flaminchiten1967

Posted November 17, 2005 - 08:54 PM

just saw one of these in my brothers Rocky Mountain catalog, I think the price was 264.99. No weight or DB was listed. Sounds pretty tempting.

• ncmountainman

Posted November 18, 2005 - 05:09 AM

just saw one of these in my brothers Rocky Mountain catalog, I think the price was 264.99. No weight or DB was listed. Sounds pretty tempting.

ya i saw that. why would they list it as the same price as the old one? new and titanium sounds like it should be more :applause: last year they priced all the FMF stuff too low and said that FMF raised the prices while the catalog was being printed! sounds more like a ploy to get you on the phone to me(but ya never know)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.