Noise!!!

3 replies to this topic
  • kizzle426

Posted November 09, 2005 - 10:52 AM

I just started my bike to check the oil level, and I had my head next to the case and DAMN it's loud. Is it supposed to have kind of a whine to it and sound really clattery. I've asked this question before....but I'm just curious.....how loud are yalls crank case noises? The bike is running perfectly. The only problem is one of the external oil lines (downtube to case) is leaking.

• kizzle426

Posted November 09, 2005 - 02:39 PM

Anybody?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 02YZ426

Posted November 09, 2005 - 02:57 PM

Sometimes I think mine is making too much racket aswell, but I had it apart recently and there was nothing wrong. And the more I think about it... its always been like that. If your hearing a new noise or see more junk than normal collecting on the oil filter then maybe its worth looking into. Have you checked your timing chain lately? other than that I cant think of anything else it might be.

• Fastest1

Posted November 09, 2005 - 03:25 PM

They are very loud mechanically, it concerns us all when we first got our bikes. After 3 years of ownership with only valve and carburetor adjustments it seems no worse. :applause:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.