Block# Theory about Woodruff Key

5 replies to this topic
  • TARFELE

Posted November 08, 2005 - 08:31 PM

I just read all 24 pages of the block# poll results. Has there been any change in the block# theory?
My block# is 1607 which falls in the middle of the 100% failure group. My woodruff key has not failed.
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!
And I was wondering if those original thoughts had changed over the past two years

• ARin

Posted November 08, 2005 - 09:38 PM

why tempt fate? could leave you stranded a long way from the truck...

why not upgrade and have peace of mind?

• simon@vic

Posted November 08, 2005 - 10:00 PM

^what he said.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450_in_Turkey

Posted November 08, 2005 - 11:34 PM

I aggree. Do the mods. My key didnt shear either but the outer idler bearing part of the side case broke out and could have gone into the engine. :applause: The starter was still working and it was noticed during routine maintenance.

• TARFELE

Posted November 09, 2005 - 05:28 AM

I am going to do them before the end of the month but I was wondering about the block theory. It came up in mid 2003 and I had never heard about it because I got this bike in late o4. I was not sure if it still held true

• bobsktm

Posted November 09, 2005 - 05:26 PM

I was never concerned with the woodruff key! Did the 04 upgrade, applied loctite and took the impact to the rotor nut. I never dreamed the starter clutch bolts would sheer! :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.