Hinson Clutch Basket Glitch

4 replies to this topic
  • clark4131

Posted November 08, 2005 - 07:29 PM

I just bought this Hinson Basket on eBay for $95. It's new, no wear marks at all, but there appears to be a small dimple in it from what can only be from a drill bit. It is very superficial, maybe 1mm deep at the most. I've attached a picture of it. Could this possibly become an issue? Many thanks...SC

Posted Image

• walent215

Posted November 09, 2005 - 05:07 AM

i would just make sure theres no sharp edges .you should be fine .nice score man.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted November 09, 2005 - 03:10 PM

It was prob'ly done to balance it....

• clark4131

Posted November 09, 2005 - 03:14 PM

I called Hinson today and asked them about it. It turns out it's a punch mark that they put on all the stuff they give to factory teams/riders. It's not for retail sale and that's how they keep track of the parts. Not bad for $95...SC

• clark4131

Posted November 15, 2005 - 08:45 PM

Not to rub it in, but I just scored the entire remaining Hinson clutch pack, inner hub & pressure plate, along with an entire OEM clutch plate setup with springs for another $325. So with everything, I spent $425 on the whole deal delivered. God I love eBay! :applause: :ride: :p :p :lol: :p :p :lol: :p :p ;) :p ...SC

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.