Boyesen AP cover

7 replies to this topic
  • ATF

Posted November 08, 2005 - 06:01 PM

Has anyone used the new Boyesen AP cover and does it really work? Is it worth the $70 to $80 it sells for? Are the gains if any that noticeable?

• Reyndogg

Posted November 08, 2005 - 06:22 PM

yes, yes, yes

they say you can do a different leak jet or whatever, but the ap cover is easier for me to do and i like little bling bling techy stuff like that.

• bg10459

Posted November 08, 2005 - 06:55 PM

I noticed a slight improvement in the off idle bog after installing the quickshot. However, it is not a cure for the bog, it must only be used after the jetting has been optimized, otherwise you may be less than thrilled with the results.

• 642MX

Posted November 08, 2005 - 07:06 PM

There awesome. I couldn't believe the difference in throttle response, it works as advertised.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted November 08, 2005 - 08:12 PM

There's a review in the months Dirt Rider. They loved it, said it was worth every penny. I haven't ready anything bad about it here either. I would buy one myself if I weren't saving for the baby that is on the way. :applause:

• Fastest1

Posted November 08, 2005 - 08:59 PM

There's a review in the months Dirt Rider. They loved it, said it was worth every penny. I haven't ready anything bad about it here either. I would buy one myself if I weren't saving for the baby that is on the way. :p

Feed the mother and you wont need to buy anything for the new one til it can ride :applause: I have 3 five and under, I know about poverty :p Spend it now, you will never see any money again! :ride:

• sirthumpalot

Posted November 09, 2005 - 03:16 AM

3 @ 5 and under? Wow you have my sympathy! I'm already going poor and I've still got about 2-months to go! The spousal unit is packing it away in savings as fast as she can, so I guess that's not bad... but it means I can't spend it on my bike either! :ride:

But I CAN start shopping for one of those new 50cc Yamahas with e-start. :applause:

• Ga426owner

Posted November 09, 2005 - 06:16 AM

I have it and the performance is noticeable - although with JD Jetting and VPU4 it was a little more difficult to dial in the jetting.....but once it was - hold on for dear life -
Funny last weekend a buddy of mine /CRF450 rider rode it and said it flat out will kill a 05 CRF off the line....he only lasted one lap before telling me...."too much hit pulls my arms out of their sockets"
I guess I am use to it......... :applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.