Question on Chain Replacement

5 replies to this topic
  • Mountain Road Madness

Posted November 08, 2005 - 01:52 PM

The chain on my bike is in need of replacement. The sprockets appear to be in good condition. Should I replace the sprockets as well. Also what is the best chain to us on my Xr. In need of help. Tony :banghead:

• goblin127

Posted November 08, 2005 - 01:58 PM

you should always change sprockets when going to a new chain.The old sprockets will wear out the new chain. I have always gone with DID chain. Oh and oring if available

• Mountain Road Madness

Posted November 08, 2005 - 02:55 PM

Thanx for the info. :applause:
Tony

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted November 08, 2005 - 04:27 PM

if u need sprokets, u need a chain. if you need a chain, you need sprokets.

• Mountain Road Madness

Posted November 08, 2005 - 04:33 PM

Cool thanx for the info. guys :applause:

• XR4DEZ

Posted November 09, 2005 - 11:09 AM

Not trying a highjack here but do you guys notice one or the other sprocket wearing faster? Seems my countershaft starts to hook way before the rear is worn out. I use a Renthal counter and a Sunstar steel on the rear.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.