I need a left side crank case cover

1 reply to this topic
  • jorg3

Posted August 25, 2001 - 04:56 PM

I ride a 99 wr 400 and I just slammed down an a rock and cracked my left side crank case cover. Does anybody know if it can be welded? Does anybody have any extra that they can part with or where I can get one reasonable priced? Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted August 27, 2001 - 04:32 AM

Jorg, Are you talking about the ignition cover on the left side of the bike behind the shift lever?? If so, I just got a new one cause a Hondo XR400 hit me head on and poked his fork leg into my cover. I bought the Yamaha part for $70.00usd, ProCurcuit has them for around $100.00 and DSP has them in carbon fiber for $200.00usd. Dont bother welding the piece, my opinion is to keep the bike clean and stock!! good luck

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.