yz 400 crankcase guard?

4 replies to this topic
  • viggen

Posted November 08, 2005 - 05:50 AM

After my brother threw a chain on his 05 KTM 525 SMC which jammed itself around the front sprocket & feel I need to remove the plastic crank case guard on my yz 400 & get a steel/aluminum/cf one.

Anyone have any ideas on where I should look to find one? I am not sure where to look or who has them

thanks

• viggen

Posted November 08, 2005 - 11:19 PM

thanks for the help everyone...... :applause:

I can't find one anywhere :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ARin

Posted November 09, 2005 - 12:04 AM

quit yer bitchin':naughty:

http://www.rockymoun...68&navType=type

:applause:

• viggen

Posted November 09, 2005 - 05:29 AM

It wasn't bitching....it was sarcasm & I figured it would get under someone's skin & they would help me out :applause: kinda that reverse psychology thing.....

Thanks a LOT for your help!!! I have been out of the offroad motorcycle scene for 14+ yrs thus I have no clue where to get stuff.

again... thanks for your help!!!!! Going to order one today :ride:

• Fastest1

Posted November 09, 2005 - 03:22 PM

You never took off your stock one and looked under it did you? It has an aluminum piece right under the plastic one to deflect the chain in case of breakage.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.