WR to YZ Plasitcs - # Plate?

2 replies to this topic
  • wrguy

Posted November 07, 2005 - 11:01 PM

lightening up my '00 WR400. anyone no if i should use an aftermarket (maier,polisport) # plate for a yz400 or yz426? different part #'s for both. do i need something off these bikes to mount to? wr headlight/# plate uses brackets, yz 400 and 426 probably doesn't (do i need brackets from one of these bikes?). any answers, suggestions? thanks.

also, are the aluminum subframes that much lighter than the steelie on my wr? worth it? reservoir will be gone. thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OldManInTheDesert

Posted November 07, 2005 - 11:28 PM

Not to knowledgeable about the 400 but with my 426 I put a yz plate on. The pegs fit perfect on into the lower bolt holes on the lower clamps. There is a upper mounting hole ( On the plate ) that I had nothing to mount it to so I just zip tyed it to the bars for a quick fix. If you have after market clamps you may have a spot for this mount already.
Good Luck,

• wrguy

Posted November 08, 2005 - 10:37 AM

any responses to the subframe concerns? worth swapping? anyone know weight differences?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.